Codebreaker for PS2

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by qhsdoitall, Feb 19, 2008.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Anybody ever use Codebreaker to transfer PS2 saved games to a USB Flash Drive that plugs into the PS2 USB Port? Any problems? I'm tired of buying PS2 Memory Cards. :D

2. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Blu-ray has won. Buy a PS3 before they discontinue the retrocompatible models and save all your games on the PS3 HDD. I'll play Okami on it with my wireless sixaxis. :D

3. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

They already did that, at least in NA. The old 20GB/60GB models are gone.

Rumour has it though that Sony is planning a 'super' version later this year, a HUGE HD and full backwards compatibility again. We'll see if that happens or not.

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

So what is the difference between the PS3 now....and what you could buy.

5. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

The 40 GB model is not retro-compatible.

The 20, 60 and 80GB are.

6. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

The 80GB is something like.. half backwards compatible. I know it is not AS good as the old 20/60GB models.

7. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

The 20 and 60GB models have the Emotion Engine and are hardware-retrocompatible. The 80GB models don’t have the Emotion Engine and are software-retrocompatible. I haven’t googled it, but I’m sure you can easily find the list of all the compatible games.

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

What is an Emotion Engine?

9. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

The CPU of the PS2.

10. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Basically the old 20/60GB PS3 had PS2s inside them built in. Now they do it in a less effective software emulation way.

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Buying a PS3 is saving me money how? :D I still have to buy that Meizu Miniplayer for my daughter's birthday and the Wii collection box isn't full yet. :happy102

12. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Only way you can claim a PS3 will save you money is by saying you get a game system an arguably the best Blu-Ray player out there.

It isn't really savings though... ;)