Coffee Pot

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by TraderJoe, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

Thats it, I am moving to Chicago!.

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Nice selection Joe! I owe Will a couple of cups, will you take care of that for me? :D

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Heh, I already "took care of him" enough for the two of us......don't worry ::

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I have the Cuisinart burr grinder which I think works well. It is noisy, but there's no one here but my dog and she couldn't care less.

As for brewing, I have a French press, but it's far more trouble than it's worth, IMHO. I really like the Bunn coffee maker, about $100 lots of places. Yeah, it has it's share of plastic (the round column is the water tank, btw, and it's stainless), and yeah it burns electricity since the water's always hot and yeah, it's fairly ugly - but it brews a full pot in 3 minutes!!!!

Plus mine has to be 10-12 years old and all I ever had to replace was the hot plate switch and a seal. Bunn sent me the seal at no charge. I had to look elsewhere for the switch as Bunn's UL rating apparently goes south if they sell such parts to lowly consumers!

Attached Files:

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Ahhh the BUNN.

The Navy's weapon of mass caffination.

6. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

What German Grinder do you use??? I love German cofffe ("Jacobs" )and I would like a grinder that will produce maximum flavor?
    Thanks...

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

8. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

9. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

I believe you fill the top part with whiskey, and the bottom part with coffee. Drink both before driving home!

St. Croix

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

ROFL....thats funny

11. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Some fine choices there.

I love the vacuum pots too, they make great coffee and are the most fun to watch in action.

12. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

My mom has one of those type of grinders.... Old school german style. Been around since i was a kid.

13. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

The Bodum Vacuum makes great coffee, but I have settled for a one-cup plastic filter cone and paper filters. I do like the Solis Maestro Plus conical burr coffee grinder. Does an excellent job.

The French Press I used to use was [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Columbia-Thermal-12-Cup-Stainless/dp/B0000A8VUU/ref=sr_1_8/105-3439127-8713261?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1191172768&sr=8-8"]the Columbia[/ame], by Bodum---all steel, vacuum carafe. Doesn't break, keeps coffee hot (12-cup carafe). Very nice. I let the coffee brew for 6 minutes, though---longer than mentioned above. And I ground it just a bit coarser than drip grind.

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Don't particularly like the taste of coffee. I drink tea, for me this functions the same way as your cup of coffee.

Attached Files: