Coffee!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by TheCopperHat, Nov 12, 2010.

1. helowrench

helowrench Member

I am a helicopter mechanic, so, I drink coffee like most people breathe.

well, at least those above ground anyway.
    Rob

2. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

My Grandpa is 96... yes 96 healthy as a "horse" he can still climb a latter. not that we let him but when we are not around I know he still does crazy things. Anyways he has drank coffee since he was a kid. he cannot go to sleep unless he drinks it. hes not a 1 cup guy he'll drink a little coffee pot. He Likes Rum too I try to buy him a nice bottle every couple of months. last bottle I got him was this one http://www.flordecana.com/index.php I think he liked it cuz hes asking for another one.

3. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I received a Keurig machine as a gift last week and I can't stop using it! I already love good coffee, but this just feeds into the habit. :D Just add it to my list along with Razor AD!

4. bordeaaj

bordeaaj New Member

I'm 46 years old and have hated the smell of coffee my entire life. I come from a whole family of coffee lovers and I don't know why I don't care for it...my reaction to coffee is if it tastes like it smells I might as well go scoop out whatever I find in the catbox, dump it in some hot water, stir it around and drink it down. However, I do enjoy trying to make the best cup of coffee I can for my wife and I've learned all kinds of gourmet techniques, bought a very nice Mocchamaster coffee machine and several other gourmet coffees and contraptions as well...but I've still never tried it myself. After seeing you hated the smell too and reading all the benefits you found I thought I might just give it a try for the first time as I made my wife's coffee this morning. WOW!...it actually tastes worse than it smells!!! I almost dragged my tongue around the catbox just trying to get that taste out of my mouth! Since my entire family loves it so much I wonder if I have some kind of recessive genetic coffee abhorrence gene that makes the smell and taste of coffee so intensely disgusting to me...nasty! :sick007

5. s&g'sdad

s&g'sdad Member

I work a 12 hour swing shift at a paper mill and coffee is my best friend. I used to drink it with cream and sugar, but now it's black. Saves time from pour to mouth.

6. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Haha, that's where I'm at. The less time it takes to hit the system the better and I'm actually starting to learn differences and pick up on tastes I enjoy/dislike.