Cold River Soap Works Glide - new “Morning Ghost” scent!

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jeraldgordon, Feb 22, 2018.

1. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I don’t think anyone has reviewed this new Glide soap yet, so here are a few thoughts:

First of all, the Glide series itself - much has already been said, and I’ll let you review those threads for yourself. Suffice it to say, Mike’s Natural has long been my top soap, always makes top ten lists whenever top soaps are being discussed, and is just a really good soap.... CRSW Glide is at a whole other level. I’ve never seen a soap with such cushion and slickness - and then, it lathers like absolutely nobody’s business! If Mikes is a Mercedes, Glide is a Bentley!

Now, the new Morning Ghost scent! How to describe it? Here is what CRSW says in their description:

“A beautiful fragrance highlighting a special vetiver essential oil that is green, earthy and spicy. Rounding off the complex in-house blending is a mixing of essential oils bringing an aromatic woodsy scent with a balanced lemony citrus running throughout.”

I’m sitting here realizing, I don’t know what to add to that! It is a very complex but clean scent, with a citrusy undertone that I can’t quite place, but somehow doesn’t overwhelm everything else in the scent profile. Beyond that, I am at a loss... How can something be citrusy and yet warm at the same time?!? I don’t know! But, Morning Ghost manages to do this!

My advice is, just get yourself some. If you don’t like it, just send it on to me! Somehow though, I don’t think that’s going to be happening...

714334AA-5864-4925-8CD8-BA136E28109F.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  2. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Hmmm...Mike’s has been my top soap for years and nothing has knocked it from being my top soap, but you have me curious now seeing as you also had Mike’s as your top for a long while.

Bobcat and jeraldgordon like this.
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Great review! Have been curious about the CRSW Glide line since it came out. Sounds like a real winner!

oldcars, Bobcat and jeraldgordon like this.
  4. oldcars

oldcars Member

Based on your great review I made an order for the soap. I'm liking it an awful lot. Has to be the slickest shave soap I've ever used.

jeraldgordon and Bobcat like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

CRSW is without doubt one of the best soap makers in our community.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  6. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

The MG scent is wonderful. If anything it could be stronger. I especially like following up with the aftershave. A winner from CRSW.

jeraldgordon likes this.