(Complete) Join the Dark Side sight unseen straight razor PIF

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Keithmax, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

PIF Complete

While I am not the same level recruiter for the Dark Side as Adam (@Drygulch) I need to help my brother recruit so......

This PIF is for my very first straight razor, a 'Sight Unseen' razor from Whipped Dog. It is ugly but this dog can hunt, i.e. it shaves. Just like when I bought it is sight unseen and you do not get to see a picture of it.

Unfortunately this does Not include a strop. To demonstrate your commitment I suggest you contact Adam or Whipped Dog for a strop.

There are a few requirements for this PIF:

1. You must participate or promise to participate in the 30 Day Rule Focus Thread. Furthermore you will document your straight journey in this thread.
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...-discussion-thread.50061/page-70#post-1029921

2. This should be your first 'true' straight razor. Yes I consider shavettes like the Feather and CJB to be true straights but for this PIF you are still eligible if you have a shavette. Also if you own a razor shaped object (RSO) you are eligible.

3. I live in South Korea so if you are a CONUS ONLY type of GUY you are EXCLUDED. Sorry but in my mind it's only fair. I do make an exception for items containing alcohol since in the US they are illegal to ship.

4. This is not just a sight unseen razor PIF but the end date is also unseen and so is the selection methodology.

5. To enter tell me why you want to join the Dark Side and why the Sith Lords should award you with your first light sabre. The quality of your answer and your post in Adam's PIF thread will influence my decision.

Ready, Set Go!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Keith, very nice opportunity here! Somebody will learn straight shaves if they stick to it for a month, or three!

Since I was accepted by the Sith on 1 January, 2016, I shall abstain and wish good fortune upon those who enter the drawing!

BeShaved, ob1page and Keithmax like this.
  3. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Not in, but I approve!
    image.jpeg

4. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I'm definitely in for this! I believe that I meet all the requirements for this pif. I quickly joined the 30 Day Rule Focus after discovering this site. It has been a huge help on my new journey. Being a recent convert to wet shaving my arsenal is limited and I've never owned, nor tried, a straight razor. I am currently gathering items for my first pif and I will make sure it is open to everyone.

There is something about the thought of using a SR that speaks to my soul, it's a way to shave like my grandfathers and great-grandfathers did. I missed the opportunity to get their razors when they passed away and my father told me that both of my grandfathers used a SR. In a way I view it as connecting with them in a way that I couldn't when they were alive. In closing, I will be faithful to the journey and I'll be sure to honor those that went before me.

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Red Saber for you!
    [​IMG]

BeShaved, ob1page and Keithmax like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Not in, but great PIF! Join us!

7. ob1page

I will wield it with pride!

BeShaved, Keithmax and Bama Samurai like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not in!
    I've both purchased a RSO, and stabbed myself with a shavette. To top that, my first Shave Ready was a WD Sight Unseen. Truly this is the Path to the Dark Side.
    Good luck young padawan! KqdKh.gif

BeShaved, Drygulch, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  9. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Not in since I have a box full of blades in the restore pile and 3 straights shave ready. Good for you converting the masses.

BeShaved, Keithmax and Bama Samurai like this.
  10. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

I would like to enter because I am sick of the world we live in. Everything in our world has become 'throw away' and most humans have embraced this consumer mentality, one single consequence is that our oceans are filling with plastics that enter our food chain. When I was young, we used glass bottles for lemonade. When you returned them, you got money back; the bottles were cleaned and re-used. This is the world I remember and liked.

If using a straight razor is a return to the dark-side, I welcome it. I must freely admit, I am frightened of the dark-side but never the less, ready to become it's disciple. Thank-you very much for this opportunity. Now, I have to find Adam's PIF. Oh, I was too late for Adam's PIF.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Pilotcld, BeShaved, RyX and 2 others like this.
  11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'll stay out of this one to give someone else a chance

twhite, BeShaved, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  12. BeShaved

BeShaved Well-Known Member

I'm in. And please send me Jjajamyung ramen too.

I think that dark bean paste will be my path to the dark side. Love them so much. You don't get that easily in Indonesia.

RyX and Keithmax like this.
  13. Keithmax

That is something uniquely Korean and definitely an aid to the dark side.

RyX likes this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'll not hijack @Keithmax 's PIF thread by discussing raman recipes here.
    There should be another thread for these ideas!

Keithmax and ob1page like this.
  15. Keithmax

Korea fueled their economy by ramen. It's still considered a comfort food here, especially spicy ramen. I like to add kimchi and cheese to mine.

BeShaved, RyX and ob1page like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Your thread, OK! I toss the spice (salt) packet that comes in the American style ramen, or purchase the noodles in a larger imported package. Toss a hand full of broccoli and a tin of canned herring into the water to heat. Add dried onion, minced garlic, dill, cracked white & black pepper, hot sauce, and soy sauce. When the water reaches boiling, add dried noodles & crack open, float on top an egg or two. Don't stir to let the egg mostly cook before popping the yellows. Easy to substitute any leftover meat like chicken, beef or pork cut to small cubes. Other vegetables work as well.
    I've been told it's close to what street vendors sell from their carts in Asian countries. My 5 year old grand daughters like it, named it "Pawpaw's fish soup".

mrchick, Keithmax and ob1page like this.
  17. ob1page

That sounds incredible! I especially like the addition of the egg. Now if we could just figure out where to add cookies...

Keithmax and Robyflexx like this.
  18. SP3CtRUM

SP3CtRUM Active Member

Not in as I have few 'real' straights in my den :)

My black lightsabre is the answer... :)

Keithmax and ob1page like this.
  19. Keithmax

How could I forget the egg?!?! I also add an egg.

ob1page and RyX like this.
  20. Single Malt Whiskers

Single Malt Whiskers Active Member

Wish I could enter as I'm still working with a shavette but I'm in the US :( Whichever of my overseas friends wins this, good luck in your journey towards the dark side!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.