Confessions of a Wet Shaver

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by rick, Feb 8, 2008.

1. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

OK......(deep breath. shhhhhhhooooo)
    Here goes.

Before I started all of this, nearly 2 years ago, I shaved in the shower. Every other day.
    I used gels, soap, whatever. Didnt matter cause I hated the whole thing.
    NOW I cant stop thinking about it.
    My shave yesterday, my next shave, what stuff to buy, sell and trade.....you get the idea.
    If I could shave 3 times a day I would. Problem is: I cannot
    If I go for BBS in a shave it takes at least a day and a half for my face and beard to recover and I cant...no. I wont..... go that long in between shaves.
    SO.
    to the point of this thread:

I have started shaving in the morning (my night) and am using a
    2P N-S (WTG and then XTG) technique followed by a
    :eek:

touch up with my old Braun electric razor.

I cant get BBS with the 2 N-S passes but by following those with the electric touch up I find the shave very acceptable and irritation free.
    The little stubble left at the end of the 2p is easily and painlessly gobbled up by the Braun leaving my face looking and feeling great.
    And there you have it: my confession.
    Lets hear some of yours.

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Well, a man's gotta do what he's gotta do to achieve his goal and if a touch-up pass with an electric is the way to go for you, so be it :)

Your sins are forgiven, my son. Kneel down, say hail to the lord three times and off you go :D

3. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

What razor do you use? I get BBS with my super speeds each and every time no matter what I do. The only question for me is what scent of after shave, cologne or Eau de Toilet to use.

4. rick

Eau my .......

jb:
    doesnt matter which razor I use, I still cant get BBS unless I go ATG and when I do, I cant shave again for at least 36 hours: unacceptable.

I really want this thread to focus on "confessions" of others; i.e.:
    What do you do or have you done that we may find surprising.

Thanks for the concern but I'll be OK.

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Okay. the definition of a confession is:

1 a: an act of confessing; especially : a disclosure of one's sins in the sacrament of reconciliation b: a session for the confessing of sins <go to confession>2: a statement of what is confessed: as a: a written or oral acknowledgment of guilt by a party accused of an offense b: a formal statement of religious beliefs : creed 3: an organized religious body having a common creed

not what toilet to use. I recall someone calling for you at Basenote. If you hurry they might still be there!!!!

Raf

6. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Ok:

I can get BBS MUCH easier and trouble-free if I use a Sensor or Mach 3 (not Turbo or Power) for my touch-ups.

Blade buffing, J-Hooking, etc. don't do anything for me other than cut my neck all to pieces. When I want total BBS on my lower neck area, I do the normal 3 passes with a DE or Feather ACD-N, etc. -- but the last bit of touch-up is Sensor or Mach3 all the way.

Let the stoning commence. ;)

7. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Try a different brand of blade. I have tried approximatly 40 different brands and I have found that there are sometimes not so small differences between each brand.

8. momo360

momo360 New Member

Persaonlly, the same is true for me insofar as usinga mach 3 for a BBS shave goes. However I've found that ever since I sarted using straights - after a few weeks of practice - I could get bbs without ANY irritation or raw feeling at all. For DE, however, nothing works for me like a progress with a feather in it.

What I find really helps is consistancy with same gear for a week or so; if we keep changing the elements of our line-up (especially razor, blade and cream/soap) then how are we to truly perfect technique?

just some thoughts,

Moe

9. rick

Duder:
    Feels good to get that off your chest, doesnt it ?

Moe:
    I know youre right about keeping the same kit together but I wont do it.
    I know me :o

jb..........

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

'nuff said :rofl

@Duder: Your sins are forgiven too, my son :cool:

@raf: :rofl:rofl:rofl

11. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I've hinted at it before, but yes... it is rather cathartic.

My only challenge is I can get pretty damn close to BBS on my lower neck with my Feather ACD-N... need to MASTER that tool and I can wave bye-bye to the Sensor once and for all! ::

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

That's why I combo the ACD-N. I can get damn close with it and then use a mild to medium DE to finish it off.

13. momo360

momo360 New Member

Hell I won't either; I'm just trying to sound wise amd noble and stuff... ::kngt