Confiscating my wife's pink lady Gillette

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rodd, Oct 13, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Wow! I watch a lot of razors, just to keep an eye on the market, I was filtering through some auctions that ended and came across this one... WTF!?! I think I am going to have to take that Pink Lady back from my wife, she can have another Blue. :happy102 The winning bidder had 3 bids over the final price. Check the bid history, he must have bid 30 times on this razor.

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I've seen some ridiculous prices, but that has to be near the top of the list. I bought my cased light blue star for $18 shipped. That's just insane.

3. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

It's not that crazy. I have had several people come to me looking for pink Ladies and I have never come across one. If someone wants one badly to give as a gift that is less expensive than a cheap necklace, right?

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

You're right, and it's an absolute steal vs. buying someone a Lamborghini. :rolleyes:

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I have seen quite a few go for right around $40 in similar condition, even one from TSD Store. Apparently both high bidders needed one right now.

6. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

There were even a few of those slimy buy it now offers too! Wow, it seems as if a few people wanted that one badly.

7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Yup. If you need something you are willing to pay more. Simple supply and demand.

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

If you gotta have a Pink Lady or bust, so be it. But I say this is ridiculous based on the fact that of the 60+ razors I own, only 4 of them cost more than that. Those 4 are: Like new cased President with blade pack and instructions, Like new cased Toggle with blade pack, Like new cased 1962 Aristocrat with blade pack, and 1940's cased English Aristocrat. To each their own, buy I say it's crazy.

9. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

The difference being that all of those are yours. Not for somebody else. If you were two weeks away from your wife's/girlfriend's brithday and she indicated she would love to have one of those "pretty pink razors with the stars" so she can actually have her own razor instead of using one of yours you would have been right there bidding on it with them.

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I am just saying, I would sell that razor right from under my wife for that price, hell, I could get her two more just like it for that price with some patience, and she could get by just fine until then on one of her other 4... (blue, light blue, champagne, and blue in case) Gotta love it when the wife catches RAD... Too bad she is acquiring them from my stash...

11. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

How much is a dozen roses delivered? I had a mental image of someone using this pink lady Gillette to apologize after being caught staring lustily at the neighbor or babysitter. I do have an active imagination and like to look lustily at women though.

12. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Just find some poor, desperate soul to abuse, rodd - you can get a lot for a little if the situation is right! Find two guys who want the same thing and direct them to your auction. Let the bidding war begin!

Thanks for that little tidbit there :) I'll add it to my fishbowl of random knowledge & fortune cookies that I dip into from time to time when I need a chuckle

13. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

The problem with your theory is that I don't think some guy was buying this for his special someone. I think the buyer is a female based on the other purchases they made. Again, I say, to each their own -- but I think it was ridiculous. Come on! I was told by several members here that my $75 NOS Arisrocrat set was "pricey".

14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Yeah, you over paid for that thing. Think about it, you could have had a pink razor! :happy102

15. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Yeah, but pink clashes with my eyes! :rofl

16. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    And it's still there. One of these bidders could have just bought it. For less, and faster, too.

17. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

There you have it. If $76 is such a bargain, then this is a give-away. Any takers?

18. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Cool! I thought I remembered it selling.

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The buyer backed out before I shipped it. I'm too nice.

20. Island Brian

Island Brian Member

THIS is a Pink Lady:

1 1/2 oz gin
    3/4 oz applejack
    1/4 oz lemon juice
    1-2 dashes grenadine
    1 egg white
    maraschino cherry for garnish