Connaught LSC - Cooling

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by Zach, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Zach

Zach New Member

Paul has recently introduced this cream and it's for sale on his site; I think it's a very welcome addition for anyone who liked the old Tryphon Mentolo or Permafrost.
    When Gio made the Permafrost, I'm pretty sure that his goal was to make the most menthol possible shave product, and as such, since there's a tremendous amount of menthol in there, and for some (like my wife) it may have a medicinal sort of smell; the Connaught Cooling is based on his wonderful peppermint cream, with added menthol and camphor. Its scent therefore is more like a fiery peppermint, different from peppermint with the addition of only menthol. Camphor is what gives moth balls their punch but this does not wreak of anything like that; again its a fiery peppermint and very nice.
    The performance of the cream is as good as the peppermint, which is very good, and the burn is in the middle between Mentolo and Permafrost; if you like an Ingram or the Italian Palmolive you will certainly like this cream, a lot.

Note: I don't give out a '10' because it has to be the absolute best in the category with no room for improvement, and so, a 9 from me is in the stratosphere.

2. Moe

Moe Active Member

WOW!

What a great cream. Like the original reviewer, I seldom give 10s for anything, but I easily could have here. I'm suprised there aren't more reviews of this cream.

• The scent is a light pleasent peppermint, I gave it an 8 because I wish it was stronger.
    • Talk about cooling, I find this to have more of a menthol kick than Proaso and Godrej Menthol Mist. It's been a while since I was able to try Moma Bear's Awakenings, and have not yet tried TSD double iced creams, but this cream rocks; a cold water splash after using this will surely wake your a$$ up!
    • It scores low in price only for us overhere (Americas) as it ships from the UK, so it can be hard to justify buying just this cream.
    • It's very easy to lather, and the lather stays for even my longest shaves.