Converting to Wet Shaving

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by jbcohen, Nov 12, 2007.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have a women's shaver which I have offered to my Mrs several times, she uses those terrible disposable razors on her legs. She has yet to even try the razor. How many of you guys have manged to convert your Mrs or GF's to wet shaving? How many of you have even tried?

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Tried and failed several times. Working on my daughter. She's been practicing with a disposable, not ready to shave yet, but I'm not supposed to know that. :D

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I converted my sister...

And my brother has his wife shaving with his DE

All proud members here at TSD mind you.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Really? What's the wife's user id?

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Shes a member in spirit :p

Ok...i meant All as in my brother and sister :p

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Ahh...all as in 2 out of 3 ain't bad? :rofl

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Soft sell, over the course of time.

Keep dropping hints, talk about how much better it is, etc.

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Wife? Nope...too set in her ways. My daughter uses her pink-handled Ladies' Gillette on occasion, though not all the time.

9. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Got rid of most of Lovie's stash
    .......Aristocrat and omega brush.
    Kept the TOBS Avocado cream, tho.
    Aint nobody taking THAT away :D

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Mighty glad you did too. :D

+1 on the TOBS. Top 5 pick.

11. xChris

xChris Member

Partially converted my wife. She uses the soaps, creams, and brushes the most. She has a Lady Gillette and a Wilkinson CLassic that she uses, but she is also still going through her "Venus" supplies.

12. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Glad you like it :cool:
    That thing is a lather machine....which is why I thought my better half would like it but. whatever :rolleyes:

13. ella

ella Member

Teenage Shaving

I'd advise your daughter to hold off starting to shave until she really needs to. I started earlier and regret it. Puberty can be a confusing time with so many changes and new personal care routines--it's nice if not all the changes hit at once :happy005

14. ndw76

ndw76 New Member

I can't convert my wife as she doesn't grow leg hair. Also, she is quite prowd of her three under arm hairs. But if she was a hairy woman, I would try to get her hooked by doing it for her in the bath after a long relaxing massage.

15. Lara Croft

Lara Croft New Member

My husband converted me but it didn't take much. I liked the whole idea of great smelling shaving products and smooth legs. And having my own pretty lady gillette didn't hurt. I think if most women could feel how much smoother their legs are after a DE shave they'll be converted.

16. freddy88

freddy88 Member

I'm not so sure about that Lara, for either ladies' legs or men's faces. If that were so then many more of both sexes would be wet shaving. Everything about advertising seems to be promising something for nothing. In other words, you only have to look at a Mach 3/Fusion/Quattro advertisement and "know" that for no work involved you'll get the closest shave possible. Today, everything is about How Fast Can I Get This Done. Sad but true, IMHO. :(

17. coheedandme

coheedandme New Member

I converted my girlfriend tonight. She has watched me shave with my D/E and think all the razors are neat. She actually bought me a Wostenholm straight today...ANYWAY. She was scared to use it because it looked intimidating. So i said I would do one leg and "show her how its done" and then she could do the other. She was a little nervous at first but when it was her turn she was excited. She said it was a MUCH closer shave than her normal throw away. She wants her own now and the whole experience was great fun for both parties!hahah

Hope it helps,
    Phillip from Texas