Copper Lather Bowl

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by dmshaver, Jan 24, 2019.

1. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I recently won a Captain's Choice standard size copper lather bowl & wanted to share my thoughts on it. I'm a soap user that had always face lathered. It took a few times using it to get comfortable lathering in a bowl instead of face lathering. But now that I've figured it out, WOW! It works fantastic! Tons of lather! I load my brush then move to the bowl to generate the lather. Here's something I really like about it: once I apply my first lather, I set the bowl in my sink with hot water & I have warm lather for my 2nd & 3rd lathers! Previously, when I face lathered I stood my lathered brush on the counter while I shaved & the lather became room temperature. Warm lather is heavenly! And the build quality is phenomenal! It's a perfect fit in my hand. I like the weight of it, solid but not so heavy my hand gets tired holding it. I was concerned that it would be too small to be able to use without slopping lather over the sides, but it's a great size, not too small, & not to big. I'm really going to enjoy this bowl.

Anyone else have one? What are your thoughts?
    IMG_0403.jpg

Enrico, brit, BigD and 8 others like this.
  2. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

That is one sweet bowl. I bowl lather exclusively and this one would be a nice addition to my other 6 bowls. I like how they have pics of the process for making this bowl on the Captain's Choice website. Enjoy!

RyX, Frijolero and Linuxguile like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to the World of Decadent Lathers!

I followed much the same path. Started as a face latherer and was disappointed trying to make a suitable mix in a coffee or Old Spice mug. My best mixes these days are in a bowl with similar dimensions, though it's ceramic. I set it in a larger dish of hot water for great winter time warmness!

Frijolero and johnnyflake like this.
  4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

It is so pretty. Can I touch it?

MntnMan62 and Frijolero like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am glad you like it. Being a cold water shaver, warm lather just does not work for me. Beautiful pif.

Frijolero likes this.