Country Club for Men Soaps - Tallow Formula

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by JR Reyes, Jun 17, 2015.

1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Gentlemen,

I wanted to start a new thread and share some feedback / reviews on the new tallow formula soaps from Country Club for Men. As most of you already know, Country Club for Men is the company formerly known as Beer Soap Brewing Company. Kevin first released a line of aftershaves with the new name, and then transferred over his soaps. I recently acquired Cahaba Blues in a soap trade, and wanted to compliment the new packaging. He upgraded to the rust-proof, screw top tin, with larger diameter which makes loading much easier. These tins are very similar to the ones used by the cold river soap works select line.

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Coconut Oil, Water, Tallow, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Castor Oil, Good People Brown Ale Beer

Scent Description: Cahaba Blues has notes of citrus, woods, and tobacco which creates a fresh and warm scent.

When it comes to the scent of this soap, I must admit that it reminds me a lot of the old Bearded Lady scent. So if you liked BSBC Bearded Lady or if you're a fan of CRSW Bergamot & Bay, you will certainly enjoy the scent of Cahaba Blues. The scent strength is not very intense out of the tin, but does get stronger once bloomed and lathered on your face. The lather itself is still top notch, and provides a great combination of cushion with glide. The post shave face feel is great, and left my face feeling supple and nourished. I'm not a fan of the soaps that leave my face feeling tight and dried out, which certainly is not the case here. Overall, I have to say that this soap hits high marks on my performance preferences, and I'm glad to have it in my collection.

If you're curious about picking some up, you can find these soaps at the following websites:

http://countryclubformen.com/collections/tallow-shave-soaps
    http://www.knockoutshave.com/collections/shave-soap/country-club-for-men

And because no soap review is complete without Lather Shots...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

** Stay tuned, because the new review will be over the FERN scent which is incredible. Thanks for reading...

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Great review and pictures JR! I think I need to give my tin of BSBC Bearded Lady another try.

JR Reyes and bnccna2 like this.
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

nice review JR! man they must have sold out quick

JR Reyes and bnccna2 like this.
  4. bnccna2

bnccna2 Well-Known Member

Great review - I will have to add this to my ever growing list of soaps to try.

JR Reyes likes this.
  5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Nice review!

6. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

he is on vacation...which is why it looks sold out. KO shave has a few scents.

7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

it may be worth the wait. some of the scents sound great

JR Reyes likes this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

JR, great review and photos. Guess I have another soap to add to my list.

JR Reyes likes this.