Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by FortWayneShaver, Aug 20, 2012.

1. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Any experiences? Just saw it on their website, and I am a sucker for limes. Thanks!

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I like it quite a bit, BUT, know that the lime disappears pretty quickly. You are left, however, with a very nice scent. I think the right term is fougere. Just don't overdo the application.

If you have a b&m nearby (your local mall?), it's worth a stop to try some on your skin before purchasing. I find it to be a nice evening scent.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Richard, are you telling me that once the limes scent wears off I smell like English fern? I love Fougere scents! The Hungarian cream Figaro is my favorite.

4. richgem

Um.... yes? I have nothing else to compare to. Here's the basenotes page: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26130071.html

And it lists the notes as:
    Limes, Lemon, Orange flower, Vetiver, Nutmeg, Ginger, Coriander, Juniper, Cedar, Sandalwood

No fern per se.

Here's the B&B page: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/22377-C-amp-E-West-Indian-Lime-Cologne

Tho, I don't agree that it smells synthetic.

5. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

What is b&m?

6. richgem

Sorry... "Brick & Mortar"... ie: an actual storefront with a street address (not just a website).

7. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

I haven't tried the limes but I have tried the Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood shave soap and I really enjoyed that! One of the nicest sandalwood fragrances I've found yet. So considering how well that soap treated me, I wouldn't hesitate to try another kind by them. They make good products IMHO.

8. I Call It Maize

I Call It Maize Well-Known Member

I had a sample of the WIL and thought it had a light and pleasant fragrance during the shave with very little scent lingering after my WH splash. The cream I felt was good, but not great. If you want a heavy lime fragrance I would say that there are others in which you may be more pleased.

9. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Lucky we went looking for school clothing in a mall that had a C&E. They had the refills on the lime and was able to pick one up. Yes, very nice.

10. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I like C&E soaps and this is scent I'd like to try.