Craigslist thread............

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by rollsshaver, Jan 24, 2009.

1. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

It just dawned on me that there should be a thread on TSD where members can list any razor sales they find on craigslist so that anyone who is in that particular area knows about them. Just last night I PM'ed a member of TSD about a couple razors I saw on his local craiglist.

So, here are a few more.........

Baltimore Area-
    http://baltimore.craigslist.org/clt/997809963.html
    http://baltimore.craigslist.org/clt/997812572.html
    http://baltimore.craigslist.org/clt/1005071879.html

Southern MD-
    http://smd.craigslist.org/clt/980483814.html
    This one is priced too high, but it might be worth looking at if the guy will drop the price significantly.

Oh yeah, let's try to keep this organized.
    And on topic!! If you want to flame or critisize, start your own thread. This thread is to help members to find deals in thier area.

And remember, never pay the full asking price!! Bargain, Barter, and Bicker until the seller will go no lower. Just be sure not to do this on the phone or through an email. Wait until you actually go to see the razor up close. Then
    you will have a better idea of what the value should be.

Hopefully this help us all in our pursuit of shaving collectable.

Rolls

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I just sent an email on the one listed as a new gillette razor that looks like a Merkur HD. We will see if they are willing to ship. Thanks, and good idea Rolls!

3. rollsshaver

I forgot about that one. It is an M-2 Gillette Tech. I had emailed the guy about that one already. I just have too many Techs already!!

For that price though, it is a good buy.

4. Truckman

Truckman New Member

yeah, I emailed them about 1/2 hour ago....I'll let you know if I hear anything. I asked for more info and pics.

Find out what they'll ship it for, if they charge too much I'll pick it up for you and ship it if you want....

EDIT: well, I guess rolls already got the answers we were looking for rodd...

5. Truckman

Truckman New Member

6. Truckman

Truckman New Member

7. rollsshaver

I like the way Truckman posted his. Good job!!

ANyone else finding anything?

8. mmack66

mmack66 Member

Whenever I search for "razor", I get a whole bunch of scooter, cell phone, and cartridge razor listings.

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Thanks rolls...

Me too. I'll search for Gillette, safety razor, and then razor. "Shaving" too if I think about it, for brushes or mugs. Just gotta muck through them...

10. Truckman

Truckman New Member

11. Truckman

Truckman New Member

She replied: SOLD

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

did you get it? Once I found out it was a tech I was out, I have a pile of them. I have yet to try a Merkur HD. I was going to give it a try then PIF.
    I really appreciate the offer to ship it, that was more than kind.

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

No, not me.

No problem on the offer to ship...always try to help a fella out...

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

15. rollsshaver

I have found the best way to search for razors on CL is to type in razor in the search bar. scoll through whatever listings are there (which may be up to 5 pages of just phones and scooters, but sometimes a set of razors too!!), then I click the cursor behind the word razors and push backspace to just make the search for razor. This will show a totally different list, which is usually much longer and comprised of even more phones. But, once in a while you will come across some old DE or SE razors. And I will say that I have personally gotten some damn nice ones of CL. You just have to be able and willing to heckle the seller down in price.

16. Truckman

Truckman New Member

17. Truckman

Truckman New Member

18. Truckman

Truckman New Member

19. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

Is there a way to search all of the US?

20. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I think there are programs or websites you can use....but I've never used them myself.