Craigslist thread............

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by rollsshaver, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Truckman

Truckman New Member

2. Truckman

Truckman New Member

3. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

A couple decent deals, Truckman. Good job finding them!! I bet the guy in Clinton, MD would easily take $10.

The lot of five looks very promising too. Looks like a couple SS's, a Fatboy, and a ball end Tech. Along with a NOS blades, that is a good deal. Of course, Whoever goes to see the stuff should offer him $40. That should get it!!

4. rollsshaver

5. rollsshaver

6. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

7. Truckman

Truckman New Member

8. rollsshaver

Anybody seen any good stuff on CL lately??????????

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I last checked two days ago and hadn't seen anything...

I try to check at least once a day, but didn't yesterday. I'll check again later on today.

I was hoping that this would prompt people to check their local listings and put any links up so others would see it and maybe say, "Hey, can you pick that up for me?"

10. rollsshaver

I feel you, Matt. I know you have done awesome getting stuff from CL. You ever do anything with those straights?

11. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I polished the Wostenholm with Maas. I'm going to try sanding the backside of it tomorrow. That one is in really good condition, scales and all.

I'm going to work on them all this weekend, try to get them looking really sharp.

12. Kerflop

Kerflop Member

13. rollsshaver

14. Kerflop

Kerflop Member

And I got it for less than what is listed... So that makes it even better... Not sure about some of the products but the brush listed for more than I am going to pay...

15. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I've seen that same listing in several different areas of the country. I've never tried them though.

But thanks for putting up those links! Keep it up! :D

16. Truckman

Truckman New Member

17. Truckman

Truckman New Member

18. rollsshaver

19. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I agree, but figured someone may be interested....heh :D

haha.... email sent about pricing the whole box and willingness to ship.

20. rollsshaver

Matt, I bet some of them have nicked and/or chipped blades. You should maybe see if he will take a couple pictures of the whole lot with the blades fully exposed before you commit to buying them all. Save yourself from getting a bunch of bad blades........................