Craigslist thread............

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by rollsshaver, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Truckman

Truckman New Member

It's Craaaaaazzzzyyy

This link will simplify things. It will search multiple cities, regions, or the entire nation (not recommended though).

http://www.crazedlist.org

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

You know, I would rather chew on tin foil while shaving my head with a cheese grater than buy anything being advertised on Craigslist.

Just my .02. :rolleyes:

3. Truckman

Truckman New Member

good for you!!! :happy088

I've found some very nice stuff on Craigslist at excellent prices.

but thanks for your $0.02, it's just what I was waiting for...I can now rest easier :rolleyes:

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

And I've found stupid crap because the morons that list there don't realize that it's a Motorola RAZR, not razor.

Sorry to have kept you waiting, that was rude of me. I'll put forth better effort at being more prompt in the future.

5. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

OLD STRAIGHT RAZORS circa 1920 - $150 (lebanon,pa)

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/clt/1031768805.html

ASSORTMENT OF ANTIQUE STRAIGHT RAZORS.12 RAZORS ALL TOGETHER . SOME MADE IN GERMANY, SOME IN USA...GOOD CONDITION...COMES WITH SHARPENING STONE AND LEATHER...

6. Kerflop

Kerflop Member

Okay, I found the following for $25... Not sure if it is worth it...

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

7. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

What kind of str8 is that?

8. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

The one on the left looks like one of the things a hairdresser would use to cut hair on you head and the thing on the left looks like a single edge blade stropper

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I believe it's called a hair shaper. They take special blades that fit inside the combs...

10. Kerflop

Kerflop Member

I am mostly just worried about the DE... It is in a GEM box, but I am not that familar with DEs just yet to know for sure.

11. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I'm fairly certain that Gem did not make any DE razors. That looks like a Gillette SuperSpeed to me, although I'm not 100% on what date/type. I'm 99.9% confident that is a mis-matched set.

EDIT: and, IMO, I wouldn't pay $25 for what you see there. Unless someone comes behind me and says it's some rare such-and-such....but everything is mis-matched the razor doesn't belong with that box, which the blade stropper doesn't go with, and the hair shaper is a beautician/barber tool....

12. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

And he should probably pay you for taking that Williams off his hands.:D

13. Kerflop

Kerflop Member

Yeah, I travel to Atlanta for work each week and leave my shaving stuff down there. I use the Wilson soap while I am there only becuase I haven't bought anything else... I really have to do that, just it just doesn't lather right.

14. Kerflop

Kerflop Member

I contacted the guy about just buying the DE... He says it is in good shape and will sell it for $10... Still not sure on what brand or model it is so any help would be appreciated

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

It looks like a 69+ Gillette SS silver tip.

At least that is what it says here:
    http://countryjoescollectiblestuff.com/razor-id.html

16. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

That is a late model Gillette Super Speed. It looks like it would clean up nice and provide years of shaving glory for you to enjoy. For $10, I would most certainly get it.

17. Truckman

Truckman New Member

18. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Gillette De Luxe - $250 Harrisburg, PA

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/clt/1071832329.html

Nice pics, too....

19. Truckman

Truckman New Member

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy