Craigslist thread............

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by rollsshaver, Jan 24, 2009.

1. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Hola Jason, bit of a drive for me. Sounds like he/she has some gems. :D

3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I'm afraid of Craigslist now....:rolleyes::D

4. Truckman

Truckman New Member

5. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Actually, yes it is. And if knowing that helps at all, then shoot me another email and we can meet up sometime this week so you can check out the razors for yourself in person.

6. Truckman

Truckman New Member

4 NOS 1976 Super Speeds

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/clt/1223462954.html

[​IMG]

7. Island Brian

Island Brian Member

What search terms do you use when searching in Craig's List?

8. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I just search for "razors" first, then after that, I'll click the box and delete the "s" and search for "razor".... ocassionally I'll search for shaving also, but hardly anything ever comes up then... I've actually had fairly good luck with Craigslist, but it does take regular checking. But once you go through the initial onslaught of posts, the next time you check you only have to read back through the last date you were on.... makes checking much more streamlined...

9. Island Brian

Island Brian Member

Tried it - it brings up a bunch of listings for used cell phones! :happy102

10. Truckman

Truckman New Member

yeah, that happens....once you sift through that initial large batch, though, even if you only check once a week you only need to scroll back through a few posts.... to me, it's worth it...

11. maj3289

maj3289 New Member

nice find on the SS. i never find anything

12. Truckman

Truckman New Member

13. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

14. MelloJello

MelloJello New Member

$20 for The Body Shop SC seems a bit extreme on the price gouging side. I guess b/c I picked mine up for $3 on clearance.

15. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Funny!! I actually just emailed the dude and told him the same thing!! I reckon though some people either missed the sale, or did not have a TBS around. Hell, I sold two tubs on ebay a while back for $15 a piece. Luckily, I have enough TBS cream to last the rest of my life!!

16. omegapd

omegapd New Member

An email to yourself?

Come on now, you have Ceciltucky in your location here. The seller has it in his location. Google says there is no place called Ceciltucky, MD. I don't believe in coincidences like that.

If you're selling the stuff, just bump the thread and don't make up a story about it. I think this is the 2nd time that has happened, in fact. Truckman called you on it the first time.

17. gone down south

gone down south New Member

I wouldn't say it's exactly a common term, but "Ceciltucky" is a nickname for Cecil County, MD.

18. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Eric, you might want to consider doing your research on certain locals before you make such slanderous accusations.

Number one, "CecilTucky" is a very common nickname for Cecil County. Common enough that they sell t-shirts that have references to Ceciltucky at many gift shop around. That is what caught my eye about the listing in the first place, and also why I mention it in my post here.

Number two, I simply do not have to stoop so low as to tell lies about an ad on CL. Dad left a pretty nice inheritance.....

Third, Truckman asked me if the add was mine, and I told him it was. (I am referring to the one I posted a few months back)

You, on the other hand, attack me on a public forum. Ever heard of slander?

Anyway, I will not respond publicly to anything else that is sais about this issue. We have a PM function for a reason.

19. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member