Cross Country Driving

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Will, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

Packing the house and headed west.

Going to met a bud in KC (yes I will have some BBQ) and then heading to Arizona (new homestead).

Any whistle stops I should make? Been thinkin' bout doing the 72ozer down der in Amarillo...

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Texas...Texas...Texas

I would definitely do the Amarillo challenge if I were you. Congrats on the move out West Will.

3. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Wow........ leaving good ole' Maryland? Hmmmmm.......

How long have you lived in MD? And why are you moving out west?

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

a BIG OLE +1 ON ARIZONA

Fuzzy

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Maryland, no no no... I live in Muralin just south of Ballmore near Washintone. :happy102

Why the move? Job, cost of living, family.

6. JimR

JimR Active Member

Wait, MD to Arizona...going through Tulsa? Ron's Hamburgers and Chili. Spanish Fries...OHHH YEAAHHHH!!!!!

Other than that, of course, the gorgeous Philbrook museum (art) and the Gilcrease (Native American/Western History).

7. rollsshaver

Yup.......... The ole' COL in MD is high, so are taxes, so is everything else. Except gas. We have the cheapest damn gas in the country. I don't know why, but we do. At least out there you will have time to flee before the bombs hit. Here in MD, we are screwed!!

8. Will

Will Nevermind

Cheap gas... WHERE?

I can't find it nowhere near the 495.

9. rollsshaver

Gas up my way is hovering right around $1.70 a gallon for 87 octane. Not bad considering what most other people are paying............

10. Crappy

Crappy Member

Try Meers Store and Restaurant in Meers, OK. It's just outside of Lawton, OK which should be on the way from Maryland to Arizona. If you're looking to just have the salad better move on though. Th southwest is meat territory. Especially beef.

http://www.meersstore.com/index.html

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Enjoy the adventure! Best of luck!

12. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Will, enjoy it man. I'd imagine this is a trip you'll not soon forget (in a good way) .

13. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

If NC is on route stop on in

Issy

14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Have a great trip, and best of luck in the move!

15. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

Good luck, Will. Have a safe trip.

16. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Swing through Ohio and let a brotha buy ya a beer.

17. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Good luck for the move, Will!

18. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

We have cheap gas too. Same as Rolls is paying. Unfortunately for me, but not for you, we also now have cheap housing. :mad:

Anyways enjoy your cross country trip. I've done it twice myself and enjoyed the sights of our fair land. Take your time, we'll leave the light on for ya.

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Dang it! Missed ya!

You were suppose to stop in VA and kidnap me.

20. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Congrats Will, and good luck on the move!

Two suggestions - Sandia Peaks in Albuquerque, NM and the Painted Desert in northern AZ. Both are along I-40, which if you go through Amarillo you'll be on anyway.

I am envious, I loved that drive, and I loved AZ when I lived there. I get to visit from time to time, and when I finally retire from the FD, I will be back, for good.