Crown King "Black Bot"

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by dustmite, Sep 22, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Last week, I won the "I'd Lather Be Shaving" weekly giveaway, and was sent a tub of Black Bot along with the matching AS splash. The scent of the soap was very reminiscent of the English Leather soap-on-a-rope that my dad used to use when he drove truck in the 80's. What a treat those memories were! Anyway, I decided to use it today. The Crown King vegan formula performs on par with any other quality soaps I've used, not quite as slick as my Stirling favorites, but certainly slick enough to get the job done. Two passes and some clean up, and I'm left with a very nice post shave feel. The matching splash has a very strong alcohol scent in the bottle, but it dissipated quickly on application. Nice bracing alcohol feel, and a strong scent that seems like it'll last the day. Overall, I'm very pleased with these products, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

2. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Have you tried the original "Black Belt" that this is said to be an homage to? If so, how do you think the two compare?

3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I have not.

4. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

That is to bad. I have not tried the PAA Soap yet so can't speak to that. But the PAA Afterahave smells very similar to the Black Belt Aftershave. The main difference being that the PAA is much stronger a scent. It lasts longer yes, but it's almost to strong to start out. Also the original Black Belt feels cleaner and less greasy after it dries.

Tdmsu likes this.
  5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I had a sample of Black Bot balm that got finished off the other day. Nice musky scent, haven't tried the original Black Belt mainly since it can get expensive on ebay. The bottle is neat looking and if it smells like the PAA version it would be perfect for anyone looking for a Musk scent.

dustmite likes this.