Crown King

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Derhey, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Anyone try this new (at least I think it's new) Crown King Shavette? It's unique in that it holds an entire de razor (versus breaking it in half like most others). At $20 it may be worth being the first and taking one for the team, but I thought I would ask all of you gurus.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450239366.540071.jpg

Robyflexx and BigCabDaddy like this.
  2. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I am to old for straights, but it's nice to see whats available. One of the most important thing to take from a shave forum is not missing anything new.

3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

The tang looks grippy but not very comfortable. For $20 its worth trying. Let us know how it goes. Looks like it holds the blade just like the parker shavettes. It at least looks good.

Robyflexx and Derhey like this.
  4. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Never too old to try something new. Give it a shot, you may love it.

Robyflexx and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  5. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

Aha, so it's not yet set in at 45. Good to know. ;)

Derhey likes this.
  6. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Heck no! I just started playing hockey (and have already moved up to captain a team), ran my first full marathon later in life as well. Life is too short to prevent you from trying something new...you only dance this dance once. ;-)

7. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I'm ready to try almost anything, but think a steady hand with a straight is better.

NapalmCola and Derhey like this.
  8. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

I purchased one from a gent on the HTGM forum. It is on its way as I write. When it arrives I will post a few picks and let you know how my first ever attempt with a shavette goes.
    If I survive to tell about it.

Tdmsu and Derhey like this.
  9. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it and appreciate you taking the time to review.

NapalmCola likes this.
  10. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

This is the first I've seen of this and I'm really interested. Please do keep us informed.

NapalmCola and Derhey like this.
  11. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Just curious...have you received the razor yet and given it a test run? Hope you enjoy.

NapalmCola likes this.
  12. NapalmCola

Hi Derhey,
    I did get the straight razors back . The C-MON has a hairline crack in it so it didn't get honed. I will look into making it into a shorty in the future.
    The Sacramento Co. Our Pride honed up great. I haven't had I chance to use it though. I have had a very busy time out of state lately and it arrived after I had left.
    I almost tried it this morning but didn't give myself enough time. I have a great strop from Drygulch here on our forum and my wife gave me a few barbers hones for when it needs to be touched

And I just noticed the razor in the discussion is the Crown King that uses the DE blade. Lol.
    Same goes for this razor though. I will try and give it a shot for tomorrow's shave. It will require alot less prep work .

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    RyX and Derhey like this.
  13. JoeB

JoeB Well-Known Member

This razor has been very popular on facebook. Here is a youtube videowith a review:

Derhey and NapalmCola like this.
  14. NapalmCola

Yeah, I was thinking about recording myself using the Crown King for the first time. Problem is I would get sued for making the sequel to Sweeney Todd without permission.

Derhey likes this.
  15. Derhey

Derhey Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing!

NapalmCola likes this.
  16. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

I'm spending a little Christmas cash and I think I'm going to take the plunge. I was trying to absorb as many man-on-the-street reviews as I could. The few I can find are pretty positive, so I guess I have to just go for it.

BigCabDaddy and Derhey like this.