CTS...again! Bummer.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by HolyRollah, Apr 30, 2017.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Well I finally paid a visit to my orthopedist on Friday to have him diagnose the chronic painful issue with my left (dominant) wrist. As expected, he said I had a reoccurrence of my CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome), something for which I had surgery about two years ago.
    I am now wearing a wrist brace that restricts about 80-90% of my hand/wrist movement. The doc says I should wear it 24/7 for the next 4-6 weeks.....:sad023:

Needless to say, this is disappointing news in many respects. I've been down this road before so I know the challenges that lay ahead. Aside from the usual day-t0-day restrictions, I now am unable to do repair, honing or restoration work on razors for the next month or more, so I've contacted those who have upcoming work. I did manage to finish one last painful batch of four that needed honing. These are shipping out early this next week.

So it should be an interesting May...

Spyder likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Father, bless Kevin with Your healing power. May he see a miraculously quick recovery that will glorify You. In Jesus's name. Amen.

mrchick, Tdmsu, DaltonGang and 6 others like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

That bites.
    Will pray for healing for you.
    My left doesn't work, my right suffers from overuse. The ache from this keeps me up at night, and drains my strength. I can relate.
    I get shots of kenalog, they help. Also a creme called voltraren also helps.
    Along with taking b6 and glucosamine chondroitin daily.
    I feel your pain, bro.

mrchick, Tdmsu, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Praying that you experience healing and that the doctors will have the wisdom to know how to treat the CTS.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HolyRollah, mrchick and Spyder like this.
  5. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. I have a very mild case in my right hand, and can barely stand it when I over-do it and have a flare up. Thoughts and prayers sent your way for a speedy recovery...

mrchick and Spyder like this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Best of luck.

HolyRollah and Spyder like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Hope it gets better fast as possible.

HolyRollah, Tdmsu and Spyder like this.
  8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Prayers Out to Kevin
    Hang in there.

HolyRollah, mrchick and Spyder like this.
  9. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I'm sorry to hear this Kevin, prayers are going up for a fast and pain free recovery.

HolyRollah and mrchick like this.
  10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I have also had surgery on both wrists, and while it initially helps over all, there are times when I over do things, it can be painful. Hope things work out for you.

11. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I hope you get to feeling better and recovering quickly. I will be praying for you.

12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Ouch, sorry to hear you are having to suffer through this again.

HolyRollah likes this.
  13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm sorry to hear that Kevin. Definitely follow the directions of the doctor and I'll pray for a speedy recovery.

14. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this, Kevin - I hope you heal up as quickly as possible.

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Sorry about that, Kevin. I pray that you will get healing/relief soon.

16. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Get well soon. Hopefully the antiinflammatories he will have you on will help quickly.

17. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

That's a real bummer, Kevin! Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery!

18. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm sorry to hear this Kevin. Add me to the list of people praying for a quick and complete recovery.

HolyRollah likes this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Praying for your recovery and sustained health.

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

A trip to the local orthopedic doc yesterday left me with some encouraging news.
    My CTS isn't severe enough at this junction to warrant a surgical procedure and my current discomfort is compounded by forearm tendonitis—similar to 'tennis elbow' (lateral epicondylitis)—although its mainly in the forearm near the elbow.
    A few not-so-gentle finger probes of the forearm had me almost jumping out of my chair (ow!!) and revealed the inflammation and source of my chronic pain. This type of painful inflammation is common in one's dominant hand and often due to repetitive motions that strain the muscles and ligaments.
    Prescription: some pain killers to take the edge off (2x a day) and some physical therapy to expedite the healing. I still have to wear a splint (brace) 24/7.

Jim99 and mrchick like this.