Curious About A Post

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Paul Turner, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hi...there's a post in this thread(that is to say, the one about Aftershaves) where the member(I don't recall his name, so let's call him Spiro Flinstone)asked for comments on Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements aftershaves. After his one post, no further posts were allowed. . What happened, if this can be answered?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm sure a mod will be along shortly, but I can guess that the thread was closed so that it couldn't get out of hand. PAA has had some controversies and alleged poor business practices in the course of their existence. I have no direct experience with them; I only know what I've read here.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

So don't be surprised to see this one disappear.

4. Paul Turner

The company, you mean?

5. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

This thread.

6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Most likely people were debating back and forth. When people appear to be arguing, the mods lock the post to end the debate. lol I guess Censorship. We can't have utopia if it appears we disagree..

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. richgem

AFAIK, there's nothing forbidden about debating or having different opinions. It's when the debate gets out of hand (gets ugly) that threads get locked or deleted. And if, in the case of a vendor, they do not have honest business practices, why would this (or any other) board want to give them what is essentially free advertising?

Eeyore, RyX, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  8. swarden43

Disagreeing and debating is one thing. When those get out of hand and start getting ugly, they become arguments. TSD doesn't tolerate arguments.

Eeyore, RyX, Queen of Blades and 2 others like this.
  9. swarden43

@richgem looks like we hit POST at the same time. :happy088::happy088:

Jorvaljr and richgem like this.
  10. richgem

Great minds and such....

Jorvaljr and swarden43 like this.
  11. Jorvaljr

Careful... seems like the debating and disagreements have started.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Censorship is literally when government shuts down opposition. People use this word for many things.

When mods delete threads, that is a private property owner exercising control through an agent, over the content on her privately owned site.

It's a rights issue for sure, but only for the site owner.

No one else has a "right" to post anything here, it's all subject to the whim of the site owner, and clearly stated in our terms. We lock threads and remove content that is likely to inflame controversy or hurt our sense of community, or content that violates our terms.

sdguero, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.
  13. Jorvaljr

It was all in sarcasm. lol I didn't need the legal jargon.. I didn't have a lawyer look into terms of conditions when I signed up. Hell I don't remember what I agreed to when I did. But thank you for correct definition of it.
    image.jpg

14. Bama Samurai

I just want to be clear that we don't judge opinion content per se. All viewpoints may be expressed in open forum posts. The only thing that causes deletion are posts that troll, attack others or are otherwise a technical rule violation.

mrchick, Paul Turner and Jorvaljr like this.
  15. Paul Turner

That's what led to me being confused, but there must have been a lot going on(that I obviously missed) BEFORE I first saw that post.

16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I appreciate the "safe" environment that TSD offers. Too many people, IMO, feed voraciously off of controversy. Myself, I can do with an oasis in this troubled world we live in.

Robyflexx, sdguero, RyX and 2 others like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Thanks Joseph. Passionate discussion and debating the merits, always welcome. Trolling and meanness, not welcome.

Robyflexx, sdguero, RyX and 3 others like this.
  18. richgem

I'm actually curious about "A Post" too. Is it anything like an "I Beam"? ;)

19. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Well, it is a bit like a "Y knot", but nothing like a "U tube".

swarden43 likes this.
  20. swarden43

"I" beam?!?! No such animal. They're "H" beams! :happy102:

RyX likes this.