Current Game Console & Favorite Game

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by qhsdoitall, Dec 17, 2007.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

OK, What you got and what is your favorite?

I have a PS2 console and my favorite game is Final Fantasy XII

I'm a RPG type of person. Dragon Quest VIII and Okami are runner's up.

My daughter wants a Wii for Christmas (Not Happing!) and my wife doesn't play PS2 video games so a Wii might be the ticket. My wife's older friend is raving abut them and says my wife would like it. I made a family deal. I put a Christmas cookie tin out on the counter this weekend and stuck a label with the word Wii on it when nobody was looking. There was $10 in it. My daughter and wife saw it at the same time. My wife knew what I was doing right away and approved. She promptly put $5 in the tin. Daughter was confused and asked what was going on. My wife explained it to her. Daughter immediately went to her room and took some of her allowance money and put it into the tin. When my wife gave our daughter her allowance on Sunday, she went right over to the tin and put the money in. I figure there will be a Wii purchase by the end of February at this rate. :D

Oh, there is still a PS3 in "my" wish list.

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I own a Wii, PS2 and a DS.

I don't think I could pick a favourite, but if you really twisted my arm it would probably go something like this.

PS2: Has to be FF12
    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
    DS: The Phoenix Wright Series

I import games from Japan as well, and have been an avid gamer since the NES days. Favourite game of ALL time would have to be Final Fantasy 3/6.

3. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

I currently have:

PS3: No favourite game, I’m waiting for the big hits in 2008
    Xbox 360: Received it this morning. I haven’t played any game yet.
    PS2: FFXII too

Now in cardboard boxes:
    GameCube: Resident Evil 4 (add Zeldas and Paper Mario)
    Dreamcast: Soul Calibur
    PS: Final Fantasy VII & Chrono Cross.
    Saturn: on retrospect that wasn’t such a great console
    Super Famicom: Chrono Trigger (add Final Fantasy VI)
    Megadrive: Wonder Boy V

I don’t have Famicom and Master system games anymore. Well, you see the kind of gamer I am. Everything’s imported from Japan. Back in the 90’, that was a problem as NTSC 60Hz consoles were not necessarily compatible with PAL/SECAM 50Hz TVs. I'll buy a Wii when Nintendo releases the black model.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

5. Will

Will Nevermind

FF12:eek:

Crap, I just beat Sephiroth.

6. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Not a problem, VII & XII are the best. I forgot to add Vagrant Story. Great, great game.

7. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I have the following consoles, and here's what I'm currently playing:

PS2: God of War II
    PS3: The Orange Box (AWESOME games)
    XBOX360: Assassin's Creed
    And this past Friday I won the Wii at my work's Christmas party. WOOT First game will be Resident Evil: 4

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    PS3 (altough the wii's are great fun)
    Any of the medal of honor games
    Okami... one of the best games ever, never seen anything like it.

Favorite game of all time:
    Galaga

9. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

XBox 360 is our Xmas present for our girl this year, but mum I suspect will be the one playing it.

Our favourite over the years has been the Tomb Raider series but there were sum duds in that as well.

And for those that are still unsure about which way to go in regards to Xbox V PS3 here is a very honest and non biased appraisal of the two systems side by side coinciding with PS3s first birthday.
    http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-one-year-later/

Cheers
    John

10. Will

Will Nevermind

Wii Party at your crib. ::

11. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Word. You wouldn't believe the Hell I caught from co-workers for the MC drawing my name. They also had a PS3, but I don't think people were nearly as concerned about that console. :rolleyes:

Santa may have to come early this year for my boys... that Wii be callin' my name from the closet, yo. I gotta at least unbox it and hook it up to make sure it works, right? We don't want Santa bringing a potentially broken toy do we? Surely not.

12. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

still working on the "Pro2" level

13. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Those were fun!

I think Mattel re-released them recently.

15. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I dont own any console , but I have been tied up playing

Urban Terror on the mac which is the same game as it is on the PC and im playing it over internet servers teaming up . Free Game huge fun.

Now something else out of this world has been released. I dont own a PC but my mac is supposed to be fast enough to completely support the XP OS which means I could if there is a god play the Crysis game on my mac.

I have seen footage of the game but cant believe my eyes how far they have come with gaming.

This is an HD trailer of Cryis.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23077.html?r=1&type=wmv

16. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Crysis is badass. Seriously.

17. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

Xbox 360 and an Xbox. Guitar Hero is my favorite right now. Jonesin bad for a Wii.

18. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

With Christmas coming up, thought it would be a good time to buy myself... er, my son... some new toys. Today I purchased...

PlayStation 3 80GB HDD
    extra Sixaxis wireless controller
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Madden 2008
    Guitar Hero III w/ Les Paul
    and an HDMI cable to make it all look good ::

It's gonna be a good Christmas

:cool:

19. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

This going under the tree or are you "testing" to make sure it works first? :D

20. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Now that I have both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, I have to say Sony, with the Dualshock and Sixaxis, made the bestest controllers ever, though they were totally ripped off from Nintendo's pads.