Custom Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by IsaacRN, Aug 13, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Well...ive been browsing the net and noticed that TOP had a custom made brush for them i believe. What would people think about getting something like that done here. Maybe talk to Charles at QED to get a SR with our name and logo. Any thoughts on this?

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Yikes..i had a post of 666..had to get that taken care of

3. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Actually, it's been a topic of debate amongst the mods of recent. Sooner or later there will be one, but we wanna be sure we get it right.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Keep it up, we may have to let you in the war room.

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

i mean personally speaking....i think we could get at least 5 members..to put forth on it. Thinking that the brush would be around 50-150 a piece...and putting half down in good faith that would be a good down payment. I know TOP has the numbers, but we have dedicated people :)

6. sparky5693

Administrator
    Let's just say for what Edwin Jagger wanted up front we could have bought a brand new car. We just don't have the bankroll to finance that one, just yet. We are however exploring other options ;)

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

well....in that case.....we should just buy the car and do a month per person trial run.....but of course it has to be standard...and not automatic.....something sporty as well :)

8. sparky5693

Administrator
    Hmmm.... Now that just might be worth it.

9. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Well, okay folks, we have been tossing this around some, 'tis true. So....what would you like to see in a forum brush? Size? Handle style/shape/material/color? Since we are just getting started, I'd imagine our options will be more limited (e.g., I don't see us doing two grades of hair and two handles) but we still want the best. I don't really want to get into manufacturers. Just characteristics for now.

So whaddya think?

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I opened up Pandoras box.

11. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I would think.....

24mm Knot so its big..but not to big...but not to small :p
    Silvertip firm....but not to firm...soft at the tips...but not floppy :p
    Two Tone base...kinda like what you can get with the shavemacs....black and silver of some sort....or white and black....:p

Im the master of vagueness.

12. xChris

xChris Member

How about this -- SR 3332...
    :drool :D

Attached Files:

13. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

WOW.....a 32....can wash your car with it afterwards :p

14. yomuppet

yomuppet Member

Personally, all the forum brushes I've seen (from any forum) so far seem to have been 23-24mm. I think it's time for something smaller, say 20-22mm, depending on loft :)

J

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I tend to agree with you.

btw, Welcome to The Shave Den, yomuppet!

16. Will

Will Nevermind

So you don't want to wash your car? :rofl

17. yomuppet

yomuppet Member

Hey, everyone has his or her own preference. Just seems to me that all previous forum brushes have been within a certain range, and there's an opportunity to do something more unique. Not to mention that the trend I've been noticing is toward smaller brushes anyway. Just throwing it out there. whacky097

J

18. Will

Will Nevermind

I wasn't lipin ya down. Just yankin yer chain.

I do like all brushes, the little ones and the big ol' honking face suckers too.

19. yomuppet

yomuppet Member

No worries, just making my position clear.

J

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I agree with Justin, I find myself using a smaller brush (19-21) more often than not.