Custom Razors... No.2

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Bill, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Here is the second one out of that bunch of custom razors I put up on the other thread. This particular razor is on its way to Nevada... unless he decides he doesn't want it. It's about as close as you can get to a full 8/8 with singed purple heart scales. I think it came out ok.

Attached Files:

2. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Yeah, yeah, just OK. Modesty. It looks fantastic. Bobby, you need to add that emoticon to the database:

Attached Files:

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

:whacky084

howz aboot this one ?

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Niiice.. very nice!

5. CatMan

CatMan Member

WOW! This blade looks huge! Even more so, because it's in the foreground of the photo. Beautiful! What a wonderful job! But it sure looks dangerous!

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Very nice :drool

7. CatMan

CatMan Member

Do I see a little diamond in the shank? How did you do that? Looks really neat!

8. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

It is right at an inch wide. It looks bigger because of the photo.

Thanks for the compliments, by the way, you guys.

About 2 years ago, I bought a batch of 2mm diamonds and 2mm CZ's. Leave it to me to lose track of which was which... and I can't tell by looking with a loupe. After all, they are not all that big. They just add a touch of color for me and I use them a lot in my restorations as well. I usually put them in the butt spacer.

Here are a couple more pics of it.

Attached Files:

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Bill, that looks fine...a beautiful piece of work!! Hopefully, the price difference between real and Memorex wasn't too significant! ;)

But if you don't have the nerve to actually shave with that monster...you could always, you know, cut up a chicken!! :D

10. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Those pictures are even nicer! I would put that on my wall!

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

I want it :drool:drool:drool:drool:drool :( :D The alternating washers in the pivot and wedge are nice details too :D

12. jnich67

jnich67 Member

That just looks great Bill. Is that considered a French point?

Jordan

13. Will

Will Nevermind

Bill you owe me one coffee mug.

I looked at this picture and couldn't hold on to it. :drool

14. mercV12

mercV12 Member

:drool

15. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Done. :1respect

16. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Bill........how about those 1 piece razors. Have you finished those yet?

17. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Niiice! Very nice!

18. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Isaac... the one-piece that is left is going on eBay in a few weeks. Selling it to any one of my customers just might tick off some of the others 'cause they didn't get it instead. Ebay puts me in a neutral position, so to speak. Heck, maybe you'll get it for a quarter. I'll start it out at a penny.

Jordan... some have called it a "French" tip, but I can't remember seeing a reference to that name in publication anywhere. "Irish" on the other hand, is in Phillip Krumholz's book Getting to Know Your Straight Razors. It's also called a "sloped" tip.

Thanks for all the compliments, you guys. Here it is ready for the trip to the new owner.

Attached Files:

19. vgod

vgod New Member

now i know what i want for christmas. to hell with the ipod, i want this!!!:drool

vgod

20. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Oh... for those who are curious, a razor just like this one is between $350 and $400.