Custom top t-razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by RusDrunkBear, Nov 1, 2018.

1. RusDrunkBear

RusDrunkBear Member

Hello friends, please tell me two options for a safe T-shaped razor, one open and one closed, which you think work best
    (imagine that I have the perfect shaving technique and I have a lot of money)

P.s. Photos and technical details are welcome

RyX likes this.
  2. RusDrunkBear

RusDrunkBear Member

By the way, are there razors open and closed from different sides of the same razor?

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

If I understand correctly you may be looking for this type?
    Schick M-1 in case.gif That is a Schick Injector. It's designated a "Type M". There aren't many Custom injectors, although one of our TSD members, Tom @twhite designed and produced a number of prototypes nicknamed "The Bunny".
    B-V3.1.gif This injector takes standard Schick type blades. It also featured an adjustable option with three different open combs.

brit, AGHisBBS and RusDrunkBear like this.
  4. RusDrunkBear

RusDrunkBear Member

I never met such a thing, thanks, I’ll find more information on this razor by name, for general development :)

RyX likes this.
  5. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

If you are talking about double edge safety razors, then Saiver might be an alternative for you. They got models with one side having a bar and the other a comb. They are meant to be loaded with two blades but one can really omit the first blade and load it with just the blade separator and one blade. They are very affordable at ebay and in my opinion a great value for the money.

Saiver razors are definitely on the milder side.

RusDrunkBear and RyX like this.
  6. Engblom

7. RusDrunkBear

RusDrunkBear Member

interesting performance, but why are there two blades?

RyX likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

It gives the performance of Twin Blades like a modern Cartridge razor in a double edge razor format with less expensive DE blades.

I think Neal @NCoxSTL has one and may give his thoughts. He has several Russian DE razors and prefers certain Russian made DE blades.

RusDrunkBear likes this.
  9. Engblom

For me Saiver outperforms most razors. I always load them with only one blade. I always take Saiver with me when traveling.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

The price is right to think about trying one. How would rate the Savier on a scale of Mild to Efficient (aggressive)?

Any particular reason you don't snap a DE blade and load for Twin shaving?

Engblom and RusDrunkBear like this.
  11. Engblom

I have been going from being an R41 fan to liking really mild razors, so from one extreme to the other. Earlier in my journey I did not have skills enough for getting a close shave with a mild razor. Saiver is a mild razor and has became one of my absolute favorites. It got a bigger gap than many other mild razors but the blade exposure is small enough to make it mild. It is thus very efficient when held at the right angle (something I did not have the skills to do earlier in my journey) and at the same time very mild.

Honestly, I have only once tried it loaded with two blades. When held at the right angle, the first blade is removing enough of beard that I feel no need for a second blade. The blade separator is needed regardless if you load it with one or two blades. Without it, the blade will not be stable and you would experience a bit of blade shattering. I always load it like this: cap -> blade separator -> blade -> base plate -> handle.

The dual head with both comb and bar is not symmetrical. They have made the comb side a bit less mild. If you are interested in really mild you should get version with just safety bars.

12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Price and they tend to be well regarded by people who own them. I ordered one recently and when I finally get it I'll do a write up on it once I get some shave time in.

13. RusDrunkBear

RusDrunkBear Member

I correctly understood that two rows of blades were placed there? and the top row breaks to get a larger angle or not to wear thread when clamping?

RyX likes this.
  14. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

RusDrunkBear likes this.
  15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Yes the top blade gets snapped in half before loading.
    If you read Russian this might explain why.
    s-l1600.jpg

16. RusDrunkBear

RusDrunkBear Member

Unfortunately, this is information about materials, guarantees and that the product is not subject to mandatory certification :)

RyX likes this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I got this head from China. I put it on my own handle. AliExpress.com See it here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RyX and RusDrunkBear like this.
  18. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

There is also the Ikon SBS and OSS that also have one side open comb and one side closed (bar).

19. RusDrunkBear

RusDrunkBear Member

How often do you use these razors? Is a razor used every day? in the Russian forums, Muehle r41 and r89 are basically compared

By the way, did someone compare copies of razors with the original while shaving?