CVS Injector Blades . . .

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ThePossum, Jan 13, 2010.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Any one have any experience with these blades? I just tried three of them this morning. Yep, three. It took me 3 to finally get the razor loaded.

Seems that the injector only will push the blade into the razor half way and then quits. I tried moving the little slider back and forth but the blade would go no further. Wasted two blades as I pulled the injector out of the razor.

Finally, on the third blade, I pulled the injector out of the razor and pushed the blade into the razor by hand. Had to insert the injector to do a very minor fine tune of the blade position. But it worked and the blades seem to give me a BBS shave. Only time will tell how these blades are going to work.

But my questions is anyone else have trouble loading these blades into a vintage injector like my Eversharp-Schick G1?

2. desertrat

desertrat New Member

I have the same problem with any off brand (not Schick) injector dispenser.
    I may be harming the blade but I have been successful by hand feeding a blade into an old Schick brand dispenser from the front and then loading from that.
    Maybe someone has a better method it would sure be helpful because I really like the shaves I get from mt old Schick.

3. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I have found that I can carefully twist the entire cartridge until the blade lines up properly, then use the slider to inject it normally. Very fiddly, but if you watch what you're doing, it works. Then you have to be careful that the plastic part doesn't come off the magazine when you pull it back out. Go slowly.

4. magic

magic New Member

I have had 2 cartridges break using the CVS brand as they are made mainly of plastic. However once the blade is loaded the shaves were fairly decent.

5. Garyg

Garyg Member

Yep, just go slow. They are decent blades but a PITA, the alternative as someone mentioned is to get ahold of a solid old cartridge & reload the blades .. but that is almost as fiddly ..

6. whistleman123

whistleman123 New Member

I've found if I apply a slight downward presure on the safety bar it allows the blade to load easier. Be careful your finger is out of the way of the cutting edge as it slide in.