CVS shave kit

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by cyb, Dec 29, 2010.

1. cyb

cyb Member

I realize this might be the lowest end shaving kit available, but I saw a deal today at my local CVS that I had to pass it along. This might be worthwhile for someone on a budget who wants to tiptoe into the world of wetshaving.

CVS is pretty much giving away a CVS-branded "Premium Shave Kit," which has a bowl, a soap and a brush. I opened the box and the brush was exactly like the boar brush made by Van Der Hagen that was beside it on the shelf.

The price for the set is normally $6.99, but it's on a BOGO with other CVS items in the store, so the price could be about $3.50, depending on what else you buy.

Just passing along in case anyone is interested. Here's a pic I took with my phone:

Attached Files:

2. MarkStar

MarkStar Well-Known Member

Looks like a good deal!

FWIW, that bowl pictured on the CVS box looks identical to the Van Der Hagen ones which I have seen in their kits as well. That whole thing just might be a rebranded Van Der Hagen.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

That it is.

4. cyb

cyb Member

You're right. The boar brush looked exactly like the VDH, with the ridges and everything on the handle. The only difference was the color -- it had a black handle instead of the VDH faux ivory color. I should have looked more closely to see if it had the name VDH anywhere.

5. NUMCKS

NUMCKS Well-Known Member

Looks identical to the VDH kit I got from my mother for Christmas. The brush is surprisingly nice (and I have a lot of brushes) as is the bowl. I've always been a fan of the VDH soap. Not slumming it at all with this kit in my estimation.

6. cyb

cyb Member

You guys keep this up and you'll talk me into going back and getting it! ;) I was wondering about that brush, because it seemed like not only a good deal, but pretty good quality and I have seen guys say that about the VDH boar.

My problem is that I have acquired two badger brushes since Christmas morning, and I don't know if my wife will understand another brush showing up so soon. I think I have been infected with the acquisition disorder, y'all. Help.

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Go on and grab it...it is less than dinner and a movie and will last longer than either!

8. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

looks very similar to the one from rite aid, that mantic59 mentions. its probably the same manufacturer.

9. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Well, at least modern pharmacies are recognizing the proper way to shave. I'd say that's a milestone.

10. jkingrph

jkingrph Member

It's not bad.

I live in E. Texas and my sister and I still maintain our deceased parents house over in N Louisiana. Last weekend I was there and picked up one of these "kits" to leave there so I would not have to carry it back and fourth.

I had previously picked up one for use here.

I find the soap the best part, the bowl is a good size, fits the medicine cabinet in the La. home perfectly.

11. rolando

rolando New Member

CVS shaving kit

I was at CVS the other day, and I spotted their own brand shaving kit. I did not buy it, but it looks like a steal. Has anyone tried it out?

12. jcwit

jcwit Member

Yes, I bought one awhile back. Good value but what it is is a store brand Van der Hagen kit.