Cyril R. Salter Luxury Shaving Cream- Sublime Citrus

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by michiganlover, Jul 5, 2009.

1. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

Phil from Bullgoose Shaving graciously sent me a sample size container of Sublime, and Mint creams to sample, and review. Thanks Phil!

Price: This comes in a 6.76 ounce container. TOBS comes in a 5.3 ounce container. This costs 18.00 per tub, TOBS costs 13.50 per tub. Doing the math, this costs $2.66 per ounce, and TOBS costs $2.56 per ounce. So there is a ten cent difference between the two, that being considered, this is an excellent value.

Quality: Top notch, performs at least equal to TOBS.

Scent: When I first opened this, the scent was so wonderful, I thought briefly about eating the shaving cream. It needs a warning on the label: DO NOT EAT THE SHAVING CREAM! It's a combination of grapefruit, and lemon scents.

Lather: This erupted into wonderful creamy moisturizing lather, with very minimal effort. Lather easily lasted through my 3 pass shave, with no degradation of overall quality.

Packaging: Sold in a 200 ml/ 6.76 ounce container with a double snap lid.

Overall: This is top notch shaving cream, and I would definitely not hesitate to pick up a tub, or two.....currently I have a huge stock of shaving cream, so I need to resist the temptation to buy....:happy102:happy102

2. plow

plow Member

Well I'm kinda off and on with this one. When smelled from a distance it's awesome. But if I stick my nose right next to it I get this funky smell like I'm smelling a wet sheep. (just a guess since I've never smelled a wet sheep). I have guesses to why this might be. First is that I got a tub that was made near the end of the day and didn't get much attention. Second has to do with the shipment. When I got it some of the oils had leaked out. I think maybe it was mostly the essential oils that give it scent and thus has less of the citrus smell. Otherwise I love it; it lathers like a champ and gives a great shave. It's a bit pricey but worth it I think. When I run out I'll probably buy another to see if the scent of this one was a fluke.

3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Post resurrection - just had my first shave with this stuff and wow! I'll reserve a complete review for after a few more shaves but if they all go like that one I'm gonna be happy.

BigMark likes this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Salter Indian Sandalwood and French Vetiver are wonderful soaps.

5. Grick

Grick Active Member

Salter creams have always been lurking in the shadows of TOBS, Trumper's and T&H, even though they perform as well as these giants and cost a lot less. I liked my tub of Salter Wild Rose. Natural fragrance and easy to whip up.

6. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Very old thread.. But great cream!