Czech & Speake Samples

Discussion in 'Scents' started by maxpower, Mar 9, 2009.

1. maxpower

maxpower Member

I signed up for the C&S newsletter (required) and asked for samples. They sent me vials of all 9 fragrances. Each one is attached to a bottle shaped piece of cardboard that has the list of notes on the back. I received mine in about 10 days.

I think it is great that C&S does this. I am working my way through each sample. They are not really my cup of tea though. Reminds me of some of the Penhalgon scents (which I do not care for either) but I know many of you do so you might want to try the C&S site out, sign up for the newsletter and get your free samples.

I have tried No 88, Cuba and Frankencence & Myrrh. Neroli is next.

I wish all fragrance companies did this :)

Happy smelling!

2. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I signed up as well... How long did it take you to get yours?

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Thanks for the tip! I can hardly wait.

4. dmikel

dmikel New Member

Great information, thanks for the tip.

5. JimR

JimR Active Member

Thanks indeed! I look forward to trying them...but then I like Penhaligon's, too...

6. LeGaulois

LeGaulois Member

Thank you.

7. maxpower

maxpower Member

I don't remember exactly when I ordered it or exactly when I received it. I ordered it some days before I left for Germany and I received it while I was still gone. I am guessing 7-10 days.

Many people on Basenotes are receiving theirs within 10 days.

BTW I love the Neroli. It is very linear but smells wonderful. I never thought smelling like flowers would feel so right ;)

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

How large are the samples? Enough for a few uses or more?

You should try JoAnna's Neroli stuff, wonderful!

9. maxpower

maxpower Member

They are the smaller 1ml vials (at least I think that is the size). I get 2-4 wearings out of these vials.

10. Fenix

Fenix New Member

C&S Neroli is my absolute favorite scent. Hands down favorite. Enjoy it!

11. maxpower

maxpower Member

I only have Rose and Mimosa left. So far Neroli is my favorite. However, Cambridge and Oxford is the only one that my wife liked on me. I do like it even though I can't say I particularly like Lavender.

12. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Were the "Cuba" and "88" standouts at all?

13. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I was wondering the same thing..

EDIT:
    MTgrayling, in another thread IsaacRN stated that C&S 88 smelled like Patchouli Rose

14. maxpower

maxpower Member

I was really hoping I would love No 88 but I don't. I will give it another try. The top notes are so over bearing for me that by the time the drydown came and I could actually smell some rose, I didn't really want the fragrance on me any more.

Cuba is very interesting. I will sample it again as well. I like the mint in it and I can definitely get the tobacco, which is nice but I didn't immediately love this scent.

The one that surprised me was the Neroli.

15. Ragnost

Ragnost Member

Thanks for the heads up on this I got mine in the post today

16. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Excellent idea you can always filter out the newsletter with your anti-spam software.

17. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

I received mine yesterday.

Dark Rose was the first one I opened. I couldn't help think "old lady", I'm afraid. My young daughter loved it, so I let her wear a bit. I found the Neroli a little more appealing, richer than others of the same variety.

I'm wearing 88 today, and I must admit I like it very much.

Thanks again for the tip!

18. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I havent gotten mine yet.. the 88 really intrigues me..

19. JimR

JimR Active Member

Got mine yesterday, and I'm thinking the Cuba and the 88 are tops, though Frankincense and Myrrh is nice, too...

20. Justin Low

Justin Low Member

I received mine on Monday, 30 March.

Postage label was marked 24 March.

I signed up on 10 March, so I guess they send the samples out in batches.

Very nice packaging and generous samples. I haven't tried them yet though...