D' Amaris

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by DentonMajik, Apr 25, 2020.

1. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get this in the U. S?[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

KUSTOM and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

eBay is the only place I’ve found it.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Is it good? I see it's made by Palmolive-Colgate, so it's got a good lineage behind it. This is the first I've heard of it.

4. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I found this in another forum.

d'amaris - a piece of romanian shaving memorabilia, still sold today

(not affiliated with any of the brands below)
    walking through the department store today my eyes fell on a piece of memorabilia, the romanian made shaving cream, D'amaris.
    It has a history of over 50 years, it was the shaving cream of choice for my grandfathers and my father and i remember receiving this cream while serving in the army.
    It was at some point in the 90's that this brand was sold to Palmolive and now it seems that it's a part of Nec Plus Ultra Cosmetics (Switzerland) and sold under the Solea brand
    The smell is great and as i remember it but it cannot be described.
    At under 1 USD it's a no brainer, i picked one and rushed home to try it.
    So, long story short: it lathers great and it lasts for multiple passes. creates a great slick layer for both the SR and DE. it leaves the skin soft with no irritation. Scent is not very powerful and it reminds me of my granddads and vintage communist barber shops. Cannot identify it well but it's in the whereabouts of sandalwood with a veeeery faint and subtle hint of menthol. Price? well... 80 cents for 60 mls...
    if someone wants to try this cream gimme a PM, i will gladly (and free) send one to the US and one to Europe and then it can be passed around.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  5. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I don’t know. I’ve gone back and forth on trying it. I just remembered considering it on eBay. (Spoiler: I searched for it after posting to see if it was still available and couldn’t find it.)

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Ditto.

Edit: Not a fan of menthol, no matter how mild. Kinda glad I didn't find any. That being said, I've yet to try any Eastern European shave cream that wasn't an excellent performer. I'm a huge fan of Figaro (the fougre scented Hungarian shave cream, not the Italian soap).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Thanks. That’s another one I was on the fence about.

8. semperfish

semperfish New Member

I'm looking for a D'amaris source as well....maybe we can team up and increase our chances of tracking it down. Philadelphia area here.