Dad's Brush and Mug

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dave Paskowski, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

I was doing some cleaning today and emptying of boxes when I came across my dad's Old Spice shave mug and brush.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Brush is stamped 89 Ever-Ready and the mug has Old Spice 13 Shulton on the bottom. Is there anyway to date these? I need to find someone reputable to re-knot the brush for me. Then I'm going to use these. This has brought back a lot of fond memories. Here's to you dad.[/img][/FONT][/FONT]

BamaT, Robzilla, Tdmsu and 5 others like this.
  2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

GORGEOUS! There's a few forum members who will probably PM you shortly and can take very good care of your dads brush during the reknot. The ever-ready I have no idea, however if you google, there are several pages that are dedicated to dating the Shulton Old Spice mugs, you'll have to take some pretty close views of yours and do some reading.

This link may help your search to at least date that.

PLANofMAN and Billr like this.
  3. jquarter06

jquarter06 Member

Awesome, I recently found a box of my grandpa's old razors. I have no idea what kind they are, except a couple of them are gilette I believe. Very cool to find your dad's old gear.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Pics! PICS!! PICS!!!

5. jquarter06

jquarter06 Member

Swarden,

I'll make a new thread with pictures asking to identify the razors and what not. Probably later this evening, if I get a chance to get good pictures.

I also found a box of blades, but they were severely rusted and unusable as I'd rather not give myself tetanus, if that's how you spell it. :p

swarden43 likes this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It is indeed, how you spell tetanus. But I will assume you don't want it, no matter how it's spelled. So ditch the rusty blades. But wrap them or tape them up, so the trash collector doesn't get hurt. Even rusty blades can be sharper than you realize.

7. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Dave, that is awesome! I'd give anything to have some of my dad's old shaving stuff but it's long gone. The OS mug was made from 1961 to around 1964.

srpavko likes this.
  8. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Awesome find! That will give you a connection to your dad every time you shave. I sure wish I had some of my dad's DE razors, brushes, etc.