Dark's Blade Supply Best Badger Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dewaine, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

I won this brush in the 12 Days of Christmas contest, and I am not putting this in the reviews section because I have not actually used it yet, but the brush is really impressive. If you want to feel like you have increased your standard of living by about 25%, I would highly suggest this brush.

It seems like this brush was made to be paired with heavy Merkur razors -- It is a HEAVY brush. The base is metal, and the handle is very heavy as well. And the bristles are excellent.

He also sent me a Weishi razor, which is very light and compact. I will use it as a travel razor or give it to a beginner, but I think it would be fine for everyday use.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Awesome! Can't wait to read the full review!

Congrats again!

3. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

A fine looking brush!

4. Dewaine

After a couple of months of use, I have put up a short review of this brush. This is a very luxurious-feeling brush!! I am very happy to have it, and use it every other day, alternating with the Omega boar.

If you are looking for a best badger brush, get this one. You will not regret it, as it is much more substantial than a typical lightweight, acrylic-handled Omega badger.

One thing I found unusual about this badger brush was that for about two weeks it smelled very strong, like the animalic scent of a new boar brush. And actually this stayed somewhat throughout the first month or so of use. I actually could not use the brush for the first two weeks because the smell was so strong. But of course that does not detract at all from the quality of the brush now.

[​IMG]

5. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. I didn't buy this brush, but I did take advantage of the seller's reasonable price on blades. I was in a quandary about ordering the blade sampler, so settled on 50 Red Personnas. Since I'm retired, I don't have to shave every day, so these should last me about 18 - 24 months.

6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

A classy looking brush! Who makes it?

7. Dewaine

I don't know who makes the brush. I have seen a similar brush (but black) someplace else with a name brand on it (like Col. Conk or some other name). This brush is probably made by the same manufacturer that supplies the major brush dealers.

It has lost a total of about 8 bristles during the first month or so of use, and none since, and I am pretty rough on brushes. It is standing up well to the abuse.