Darwin Deluxe Hollow Ground Safety Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Honey Badger, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Member

I have purchased a Darwin Deluxe Hollow Ground Safety Razor from ebay, it was sold as spares or repair & took a chance on it for £40.00. After stripping it down & cleaning it, luck had it there was nothing missing & now looks good & works well. I have done a search of the forum & the web but can not find any info, I know there were two models Standard & Deluxe, but that's about it. I would like to know what years they were made, I am sure one of you boffins will know.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      143.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      150 KB
      Views:
    elektrotasil, brit and poppi like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

They posted about it quite a bit, on the other Forum you posted on, a couple of weeks ago.

3. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Member

I have not posted on any other forum ? I am only a member of this one, could you possible steer me to the other posted you are on about, thank you.

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Hmm, thought it was you. PM sent.

5. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Member

No problem, the guy on that forum did show a lot of similarities to my post, but I assure you it was not me. My main question was concerning dates, on the video he says about the 1930's. that could cover approx 15/20 years, the searches always pull up the DE Darwin razor where there is loads of history about them, models & boxes but not for the self stropper, it must be out there somewhere.

DaltonGang likes this.