**DATE CHANGE** Chicago Wet Shavers Get Together and Expo - November 10, 2011

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Weishi Warrior, Apr 15, 2011.

?

Are you able to attend the Chciago Wetshavers Get Together on 10/13/11?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2011.
  1. Yes! Hooray!!!!

27.8%
  2. Not this time, but maybe in the futur

72.2%
  1. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

I would like to arrange a get together with the Chicago area shavers, and would like to gauge interest. I have spoken Anthony, owner of the Merz Apothecary, located in the Palmer House Hilton Hotel in downtown Chicago, and he would like to assist and sponsor this gathering. The Merz Apothecary is an old fashioned shaving store with razors, soaps, brushes, DE Razors, straight razors, bath soaps, colognes, aftershaves, and accoutrements. Merz has offered to arrange for a conference room in the Palmer House, invite vendors from brush, soap, DE razor, straight razor, aftershave, and scent companies; to have shaving demonstrations, give away samples, offer discounts on products sold at the Merz store and via their online store, and possibly arrange for a liquor company to have a taste testing. In addition, we can have a meet and greet in the amazing Palmer House bar. In order to arrange all of the vendors, Anthony said this would have to take place sometime early in October, possibly on a Thursday after work. So if you are located in the Chicago area or relatively close like parts of Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan, this is likely to be a great event and a chance to share some laughs with others who actually understand our hobby and acquisition disorders. Please get some discussion going on this so I may tweak this and make this an enjoyable event. I look forward to hearing from you, and in October, meeting you!

2. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

bring it on, I can't wait!

3. Sounds like a great plan. Count me in!!!

4. Weishi Warrior

Thank you! Any suggestions besides what Danny and I proposed?

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

weekend please...

If it is a weekend, I might be able to make it. I would like to, however, I am antisocial enough that I may chicken out on the way there.

I haven't been to the downtown Mertz. I am looking forward to that as well. I will have to see how close it is and if I can just take the South Shore to get there and walk from the station....

So, do we want to add a raffle or swap component?

edit... I see where you said a Thursday after work. I couldn't leave for Chicago until 6 PM. By the time I got there, it would be time to turn around and head back. I can't afford to spend one of my 2 personal days that early in the school year.

6. Weishi Warrior

We can look into a weekend. I really have to gauge the interest level for the best day. The raffle and swap are good ideas. Exact reason I wanted open discussion. We have some time to work on this. Anthony said it would take time to get reps from the vendors. let's keep up the discussion to see if we can mold this to be a great event.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Man! I wanna go! :angry017

My transporter is broken. :(

8. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I would be interested in coming. I hate to see Anthony put in all this work for 10 meager TSD members to show up...would it be worth it for him/the vendors to do that? Especially in a nice Hilton conference room? All of those things cost money...will there be an admittance fee or anything?

9. Weishi Warrior

I am glad to see you are interested, nad hope to see you there. Definitely no admittance fee. I would like to get as many as possible. Danny and I have put our heads together and we can probably bring 10 people from our own network that we introduced to wetshaving. I think this can be beneficial to all parties if we can get it up to 20-30 people.

10. Weishi Warrior

Maybe by October the Queen will have a new transporter. Order one your loyal subjects to work on the transporter.

11. Queen of Blades

One? HA! I put them all on it! :D

It would be really awesome to get there.

12. Weishi Warrior

I think so also. Regarding the event, I sent you a PM. Hopefully, this might work with your schedule.

13. Queen of Blades

Unfortunately, my schedule is never set more than a month in advance.
    But if y'all get a date set for the event, I can see what I can do.
    Not as a vendor, though. :)

14. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Where is Tugley Woods?

15. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

Underland, silly.

I would definitely be there, as long it is not the 6th, that's my daughters 7th birthday.

16. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Wonderland

17. Dslazar9

Vendor? You'd be holding court as the guest of honor. TSD samples would
    be welcome though:D. If your transporter is broken Stuart and I will be coming to extract you from your throne.

18. Dslazar9

Bring her along. Maybe JoAnna will have more Jelly Donut for her. Maybe Bill will have a real Jelly Donut. Maybe the bartender will make a Jelly Donut Margarita?

19. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

It's my 11 year old that loves the Jelly Donut soap. My little one is already upset that everyone else in the house shaves and she can't, its her birthday.

20. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Just give her a DE with no blade! Let her lather til her face turns blue and shave those legs!