Dave's croap soap review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by matthewoli98, Apr 4, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

I received a sample of Dave's soap aftershave and balm yesterday, and i was super excited to try them out!!!
    Ill be posting 3 different reviews in 3 different sections, starting with the soap and then the aftershave, i havent used the balm yet, but it will be perfect for the upcoming winter!

Dave's really blew me away! You wouldn't say its a home made soap, its that good, im pretty sure you could classify this croap as an artisan soap too! Its a very soft soap, so i wouldn't load up the brush like with most soaps, what i did was i took a large pea sized amount out with my finger, and put it in my bowl and started lathering straight away, and boy can this stuff lather! It took me 30 seconds of bowl lathering to get a lot of lather, adding a pinch more water gave me perfect peaks in the bowl, and just like that it was ready for shaving! This soap has a very familiar cologne like scent, i cant put my finger on it, but its very nice!

Lather: 10/10 extremely good lather, builds really quickly.

Lather stability:7/10 the lather stays around for more than long enough to do your shave, but it isn't a perfect score, (could be my mistake too, ill change this score after a few uses)

Scent: 9/10, a very pleasant, cologne like scent, plenty strong even after lathering

Price: NA no idea how much this stuff costs but if Dave ever decides to sell his aftershave, soap and balm id be first in line for sure!!!!

Overall: this is a Great soap, and thanks a ton to Dave for sending me some of his amazing products!!!

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk