DDoD (Daily Dose of Decadence) Sept 3 - 9

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by rick, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Lyrt:

Any fool can light up a cigar and enjoy it ;)
    but smoking a pipe is an art.
    Again, not unlike wet shaving, there are MANY variables involved.
    Type of pipe, pipe itself, condition of pipe, drilling of pipe, "cake" in pipe....
    Type of baccy, condition of baccy - too wet, too dry- flake, plug, ribbon.....
    Quality of "pack" - how you loaded the pipe.....
    Tamping expertise.....

You get the idea.

Ive been smoking a pipe off and on for over 20 years and some days its like Ive never burned a bowl before.
    Patience, laddie.
    Its worth it. :cool:
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TO WORK:
    Esoterica Dunbar in my Viggo Nielsen Billiard.

2. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Cigars for the fool. ;)

Cuban Cohíba, La Línea 1492, Siglo II.
    Romeo y Julieta, Mille Fleur.

The Mille Fleur is machine made and hand finished. Its overall quality seems inferior to that of the Cohíba. More later.

[​IMG]

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

My GOD.....those are some awesome pictures your taking. What camera do you use? I know most of it is finished in photoshop, but i need a camera anyway.

4. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Thank you for the compliment. I have an antique Nikon D70. I will probably sell an arm and a foot to get the new D3.

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Just a Nikon D3?

What cameras do you recommend for a newbie that wants something that will last..but not more than 500. Good all around....BTW......your skill....is that your job or a hobby.

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

You're killing me with those pics. You need to start taking photos for trade magazines and make a few bucks.

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

[​IMG]

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I don't like beer and such, but that sounds good, Joe. :drool

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Every pumpkin beer ive ever had is BLAH...nasty. I hope this one is different for you.

BTW..i hope you didnt finish off whatever was in that barrel

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yeah, I haven't had much luck with pumpkin beers either........this one is a winner!

Not sweet like the others. Very good. ::

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Sounds good Joe. It will be the season for mulled wine and such before long.
    I've added yet another one of yours to my list to try!

12. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

First, I was very disappointed with the Romeo y Julieta. Next time I’ll buy one of their premium cigar and not a Mille Fleur. It burns your mouth and it is kind of hard to suck up. The Cohiba was excellent but a bit more bitter than the Maduro 5.

It all depends on what you want to do and the amount of time you’re willing to spend learning photography. If you want something that lasts, I’d suggest increasing your budget up to $600-700 to buy an entry level digital single lens reflex by Canon or Nikon. If you really don’t want or can’t spend more than $500 on a DSLR, you’ll have to get a point-and-shoot camera.

My experience with P&S is extremely limited, but if I personally had to buy one right now, that would be the new [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B000V1VG5G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5768088-6728708?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189298087&sr=8-1]Canon G9[/ame] with no hesitation. It’s a compact digital camera that gives all the controls you get in a DSLR. There are many good P&S brands today (Nikon, Fuji, Sony or Panasonic all make cameras producing excellent images), but most are fully-automated machines. They, not you, control the image.

Just a hobby.

I appreciate the sentiment but photography is really just a hobby. It’s precisely because there is no assignment that I like spending time on it.

(I had no idea pumpkin beer even existed)

13. Will

Will Nevermind

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.