DE Blades a question.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fairlite, Dec 31, 2007.

1. fairlite

fairlite New Member

Hi all,

Silly question, Does the blade ever get flipped or just do I just use it the way it is and then toss if after 4 or so shaves? I see some blades have numbers at on all 4 corners for 1 - 4.

Just curious.

Pete.

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Ive asked this many a time...consensus is that you dont need to flip it...just use until its dull like normal

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Some flip, but I don't see the need.
    Try it and see if you notice a difference. :bounce015

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

You should never flip anyone off! It is rude and only causes other people to get angry with you!

Wait.. flipping DE blades? Umm.. nah.. I don't do that. :D

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Common question for newbies.

The majority don't bother flipping their blades. I know I don't.

6. paydepst

paydepst Member

No flips here either!

Whatever you do NEVER flip a single edge blade front to back! :rofl

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Now, now, the shaves might not be BBS, but no nicks, weepers, or cuts either! :rofl

8. paydepst

paydepst Member

Too true JoAnna! :D

9. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

I bet the numbers had something to do with the old honable DE blades. I rotate my blades, from one razor to another. I don't pay attention to the numbers though.

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I don't flip.......but for some reason I always find myself loading the blades with the numbers "1" & "2" face-up in the razor

11. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Never have flipped any of them for any reason. I am getting them for $.15. When its that cheap why bother. If you are only getting four days out of a blade, might be a good ifdea to try a different brand of blade.

12. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Just because you get 4 days out of a blade does not mean that the blade is not the right blade for you. The longevity of the blade varies for every individual. If I get excellent results with a blade that only lasts three days then that is the blade I want to use. For the $ per blade you can afford to change blades frequently. When I shave with a DE I changed blades every 3-5 days. Why would I want to strech the blade that was getting dull anyways.

Raf

13. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

+1. If the blade gives you a perfect shave but only lasts say.. two days then that is the blade you go for. Longevity should be one of the least concerns your have, performance is always #1.

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Let just say that there is no such thing as a silly question.