DE razor

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by maliboy67, Jan 24, 2015.

1. maliboy67

maliboy67 Well-Known Member

So this morning while I'm shaving my wife says to me, I need more razors and really want to get a safety razor. I was surprised and delighted, so I was given the task to help her choose a razor. She said she is tired of spending so much on cartridges and likes the results I'm getting. So now I'm here asking for help. My beautiful wife has sensitive skin and very fine hair, she normally shaves every 2-3 weeks (LUCKY). Any suggestion for a mild type razor would be a huge help. I started shaving with de razor at Christmas and I'm using a Merkur 23c.

Bristle Me likes this.
  2. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Are you looking for vintage or new production?

3. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

There are some vintage Gillette super speeds marketed to women. Search using Lady Gillette. (I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here)
    good luck and please keep us posted on your progress. I'm hoping to convert my wife, too, but so far she is not interested.

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

From what I gather women prefer longer handled safety razor for their legs. I'm not sure if they need different settings for underarms and legs. So if your thinking vintage I'd consider a Gillette adjustable at least to begin with. The long handled Super Adjustable may just fit the bill. Other than that just like men her skin will tell her what works best..:)

5. maliboy67

We where looking at buying new.

6. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

She will have a hard time building technique shaving every 2-3 weeks but then again it might go easier for her. I would look at an inexpensive long handled razor. Weishi, parker, Edwin Jagger and merkur should all have something that will work.

Ed to say let her try your Merkur 23 just too see if she likes it. If she does get another 23 for her or maybe a 23 long handle or something different for you.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  7. maliboy67

Funny you mention the Weishi, my wife was looking at them because they are inexpensive and she is very frugal!

8. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

The Weishi would be an excellent choice...........

9. imGrunt

imGrunt Active Member

The Parker L29 is a copy of the Lady Gilette. My wife likes her lady gilette with Atra's or Supermax platinum's. She gets 3-4 shaves per blade.

Bristle Me likes this.
  10. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

+1

Parker-29L-Butterfly-Silo-Door-TTO-Safety-Razor-Womens-4-350x350.jpg

11. maliboy67

I found the Parker 29L at a local supplier

Tdmsu and Lexicon Devil like this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

My wife has a pink and a blue Lady Gillette. She loves ' em.

And guys, your face won't know it's a "lady's" razor. You gotta try one - fantastic shaves.

13. maliboy67

Well the order is placed, she has a Weishi razor, omega boar brush and a tub of proraso white on the way. Happy wife, happy life

14. imGrunt

imGrunt Active Member

The funny thing is my wife can sling that razor around her legs like a chef chopping vegetables without a nick or a cut but she used a 3 piece of mine and cut her finger. TTO for her!!!! Lol.

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Let us know how she likes it. BTW, I find that starting with a pre-shave oil is very helpful. Click here to learn how to make one.

16. maliboy67

I will keep you posted, I will recommend the pre-shave oil. I made some a few months ago and still have plenty left.

17. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Not new, but my wife loves the replated (nickel) fat handle tech I got her. Very mild.

18. maliboy67

The razor, brush and soap came today. As soon as my wife got home she wanted to try it out. With some quick instruction and other than a bit of razor burn in a few spots it was a success. The Weishi is very finicky about the angle it is held at but once you figure it out it works well and is very mild.

swarden43 likes this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

20. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I wanted to suggest a utopia razor, long handle and pretty cheap.

But you already bought one