DE shaving

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by DaveO, Aug 30, 2013.

1. DaveO

DaveO Active Member

I have been shaving with a double edge razor now for about a year. I started with a $ 20 Feather non-adjustable DE razor. I got a sample pack of blades from Amazon at the same time. I was amazed the first time I used it at how smooth it was compared to the Gilette M3 power razor with a triple blade. Also you can get really good blades for considerably less than the M3 blades which are around $ 4 each in a 5 pack. My favorites have been Feathers, Astra SP's, and I just got some Voskhods which I also like. It's amazing how inexpensive these blades are. I've also found that the blades get smoother after the first or second shave and I can get about 8 or 10 shaves out of each one.
    I'm glad I found this Forum or I never would have switched. I recently got a Merkur Futur razor and really like that it is adjustable. I've only used it on # 1 and # 2 so far. I've found that the Futur is a little too heavy and large to get the beard on my upper lip so I use the Feather razor which can get closer to my nose.
    Thanks to everyone who has helped me on this Forum.

2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Shave on bro! thumsupsmile.png