Death Magnetic

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Will, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

I have never anticipated a Metallica Album in my life. Let’s face it everything after "Master of Puppets" was not up to par.

But this one I have an interest in.

1. Rick Rubin is producing. Every album he has worked on is great to me, from L.L. Cool J. on up.

2. Rob Trujillo is on the bass. I have been a fan of his since Suicidal Tendencies.

3. The band is sober (I think).

Sould be out September. I may just buy it or download it for free. :happy102

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

3. MonocleMan

MonocleMan New Member

I'm pretty excited for this album as well. The studio videos make it sound promising. Plus no more Bob Rock. It will be refreshing to hear them work with new ears.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I just cant look them straight in the face any more. They will never be what they were. Downlad some Van Halen and feeel better.

6. Will

Will Nevermind

:confused: Yea like they haven't changed... :rolleyes:

What album should I download Van Halen III? "There's a hole in my heart and it can only be filled by you." :happy102

7. JayKay

Well, I would have suggested some pantera and slayer but I wasnt sure you guys could handle it.

8. Will

Will Nevermind

You can keep Pantera, I'll take SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::git

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Wow, time to contemporize guys -- how about some Vampire Weekend, or Arcade Fire? Not exactly headbanging music, but variety is the spice of life. :D

10. JayKay

brunette, blonde, or red head? Thats enough variety for me :D

Ever since I got XM radio I find my self barely downloading music and mostly just listening to XM without even knowing who I'm listening to. Once in a while I'll write down some band names and download them for my ipod, but not often enough.

11. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

The local rock station has been playing a single from the new Metallica for the past week or so- the instrumentals sound great, better than they have in years in fact. But I don't like the vocals or lyrics. The extra "yeah" or whatever you call it that Hetfield tags on to the end of each line annoys the heck out of me.

Lamb of God's way better...

PLANofMAN likes this.
  12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

+1 Satellite radio, or maybe some internet stations are the only way find any decent music anymore. Radio blows BIG TIME, and has for a long, long time.

13. Kapp EO

Kapp EO New Member

Metallica's last album had a handful of decent songs, but the production was downright faecal.

14. Will

Will Nevermind

Thanks to XM I have heard the album.

I must say its their best album since AJFA... IMHO, YMMV, Yadda-Yadda-Yadda.

"All Nightmare Long" = ::git

I have my IPOD on the ready for the download.

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

XM to the rescue. One month of metallics on 53

16. Will

Will Nevermind

51 :D

Just down loaded it, rockin' "Judas Kiss" as I type.

Metallica is back!!!!!!

17. Crappy

Crappy Member

After AJFA Metallica just pretty much ceased to exist to me. I had 3rd row seats for a concert on the AJFA tour. Lost some respect for them then. James Hetfield was actually spitting into the audience. I didn't pay money to get spit on. Hell, all I need to do for that to happen is to take some girl on a date and be myself. And then the whole ordeal with Napster sealed it. They sold out with the black album and had their death rattle with Load and Re-Load. The look at my friend's faces was a cross between disgust and grief when Load was released. It was like all their puppies got ran over. Metallica should just stop making albums IMHO. I'll never buy another one. They've completely lost their edge.

For example,

New Panty wearing Metallica:
    'Scuze me while I tend to how I feel
    These things return to me that still seem real

Old Stomp on some guys head in a mosh pit Metalica:

Die by my hand
    I creep across the land
    Killing first born man

Yep....I'll just go listen to some Tool. Maynard would never spit on me.

18. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

Alpacka lips???
    I must be getting old, just tried to listen to the album online..... it hurt.
    It all sounded the same..... now I know what my parents complained about..:happy102

19. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Metallica died at the Black Album. I switched to more industrial stuff that stayed true. Now that Reznor has gotten old and sold out, my prospects for new and emerging industrial and goth are dwindling.

There are some great German and Swedish metal and industrial bands. The American stuff is all made for radio with radio friendly lyrics and radio friendly beats.

Yes they have to make money, but you can make money without selling out.

Bauhaus still rocks my house, as does Wumpscut, Christian Death and old school NIN. Old Static X, Disturbed, Sisters of Mercy, Switchblade Symphony, 1000 homo DJs etc..

I think they should just retire, or fire everyone and start over.