December 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:).after dialing in techs last month today's shave was fabulous.first use of the ach brito cream was a treat as well..;):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

awesome start to the month gents..:cool:

3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Quick drive by post/catch up.....

Been entirely too busy between work and family obligations to participate in active posting. Have read along when I can. Past few months.....80% shaving with a couple of favorite straight razors, the trusty Feather AC DX, and the remaining shaves using either a Blackland Vector (SE), the Monobilt (DE) or the Barbasol FH (DE). Finished off 3 soap creams (Nancy Boy, BAUME.BE and a ToBS). Ended up tossing one croap (kind of odd.....went rancid). Sold one DE, the Rex Ambassador just yesterday. Have a few others on the chopping block for December/January as well.

Great update Charlie! Thoughts and prayers sent for Kathy's foot recovery and January Mayo visit!

You broke the NB '21!?! :shocked003: But some nice acquisitions for sure.

One is the loneliest number....last guy left in no buy '21 :char039: I am.

~8.2% left of 2021 to go! :bounce017:

4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Gary!

brit likes this.
  5. Trigger

It is great to see you stop in here Blair. Great recap on your shaves. Wow, You sold your Rex Ambassador! Must be a new camnie or straight coming your way. The, I thought Charlie would be last man standing. You have until next month to win the bet from Jim. I think you can do it. Don't be a stranger and stop in when you can. You are missed. Take care and Merry Christmas.

brit, JACarbone and b1hart like this.
  6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thanks Joe! I have zero razors in the purchase process currently. It's funny, only 2 razors tickled the thought of breaking the NB '21 in the last 6 months.....and they had already sold by the time I got to the BST viewing.

If anything the NB 2021 did for me, was realize that while I still enjoy nearly every open edge I have (there's a couple I will let go in the near future), most of the safety razors I have......are just taking up space.

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  7. Trigger

I understand. Fortunately, I can use my DE's, and SE's for headshaving as well as faceshaving so they aren't idle in my den.

b1hart, brit, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  8. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hi all!
    In the last week I've shaved at night instead of the morning.
    Because I'm not going anywhere soon, no need the morning shave.
    Slowly recovering from COVID, this old hillbilly still feels better with a good shave.

20211201_181436.jpg
    Lucky Tiger and my 1901 GEM Junior Bar.

Tonight's classic shave and shower left me feeling fresh and clean.
    All good.

Everyone..

Enjoy

tp

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

After I finish my Stephan Bay Rum, I'll have a decision to make: Lucky Tiger, perhaps? Or another go-round with Stephan.

JACarbone, brit and Terry like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I broke NB21 back in March. Didn't last too long.

JACarbone, brit, b1hart and 1 other person like this.
  11. Trigger

I miss seeing your GEM style razors. Awesome pic, setup and shave Terry!

JACarbone, brit and Terry like this.
  12. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Both good choices Paul.
    I lean to LT.

tp

13. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Joe

I get them out every now and again.
    I have a few more in my collection.
    Probably be using them this week.
    Or other lesser known tools of yesterday.

tp

14. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

December Focus: boar hair brushes

I sure hope I can get the two smaller Omegas to break in like the 49. So far, no hair splitting on the newer ones after a few weeks.

IMG_20211201_190411568.jpg

15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary.

brit and Trigger like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Drive by or not, it is good to hear from you Blair. I hope all is well with you and the family.

b1hart, brit and Trigger like this.
  17. Trigger

Nice pic and setup Eric. It's natural for boar brushes to lose bristles. To minimize it, don't smash the brush while loading the brush or lathering your face. Also, don't have the water level at the neck or higher while soaking it in a mug or scuttle, because the water will degrade the knot adhesive.
    Addressing the breaking in a brush, I am assuming you researched the info. The boat brushes will feel less scratchy the more you use it. Omega boars are a great value. Good luck with your brushes!

brit, ewk, Terry and 1 other person like this.
  18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hi Blair! It's great to hear from you. Thanks for prayers and kind words for Kathy! I hope all is well with you and your family.

Yes, I recently folded when I came across some razors that took my eye. Huge congrats to you for persevering! I have no doubt you'll make it!

b1hart, brit, Terry and 2 others like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Glad to see you drop by Terry. I hope you are recovering well from your bout with the darn virus. Wonderfully simple and classic shave.

brit, Terry and Trigger like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Eric

brit, ewk and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.