December 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: for the shout Joe.:cool:

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  2. palmolive fox

2nd December 2021.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Lather : Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
    Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D4)
    Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men X-Bolt ASL + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Parker 98r/Super Max BDT to finish my focus on one razor trial.. The 98r has gave me acceptable comfortable shaves throughout the trial.
    I find with my experience of using parker razors you get the best from them with a steeper shaving angle than other DE razors...This may be off-putting for some people...All in all, it's been a love/hate rediscovering month for me using the super hefty efficient Parker 98r.. My only small gripe with the 98r has been the hefty barber pole handle which has been somewhat awkward, slippery and cumbersome to hold at times.. However, that said it's not a major issue as i can easily change the handle from another razor.

Once i got to grips with handle issue it gave me acceptable close error- free shaves....All of the Parker three piece models have the same razor head, as do the TTO models incidentally so in all fairness when purchasing a Parker razor your purely buying it for the design of the handle which all have a good heft to them.

Another acceptable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SRQShaver, brit, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  3. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Joe.
    I'm slowly getting better.
    A good shave alway makes me feel nice.
    The last week I needed that.

I'm hoping I don't go backwards.

tp

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

BB2C3EFA-AF7E-43B2-9156-1DC56E32092E.jpeg

DE Shave # 370 - DEcember Shave

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Brush: PAA The Green Ray 24 mm
    Lather: Los Jabones de Joserra Gredos (1508.5 Project)
    Aftershave: Los Jabones de Joserra Gredos
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    A very nice shave this morning. I must be reverting back to my teen years as a stealthily developing pimple near the left jawline jumped up to grab the blade. The resulting weeper did not respond well to the stick or the alum. I had to go old school in using a dab of tissue.

The overall shave was as close as is customary with the Merkur 37c, my first DE razor purchased about 25 years ago. My face feels extremely smooth following the post shave routine of alum, witch hazel, balm and splash. Ready for another round of PT.

I hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

SRQShaver, Paul Turner, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave and review of the Parker razors Barry.

Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  6. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe.:cool:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

:happy088:

JACarbone likes this.
  8. Trigger

Fine shave and excellent observations on the Parker 98R Barry. If you remember, I had to use a steeper angleto get a better shave from my VDH razor also. Our examples show that not all safety razors use similar angles to shave efficiently. Enjoy your day.

palmolive fox and JACarbone like this.
  9. Trigger

Terrific shave Joe. I like the color scheme of the brush. Have a super day.

JACarbone likes this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. You as well.

Trigger likes this.
  11. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe...I can remember remember, Parker razors definitely perform better with a steeper shaving angle...Take care. :cool:

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Y'know, it's been getting easy for me to get high marks with my Barbasol cream. Why is that. It has recently been coming more like a cloud than a squiggly snake. I LIKE THIS. One pass of the nice "cloudy" magnificent goo. The only way to mess it up was to get a cut or Knick, and I avoided both. when Barbasol was sponsored by the likes of Babe Ruth and Knute Rockne, I doubt they used the word "goo". Course I wasn't alive in those days so I can't say truthfully one way or the other. But back t0 the shave. I didn't do as well as I normally do at North Porcupine Alley (just over the upper lip). I'll make sure to improve on that tomorrow. More astroturf up there than I'd like. Nicely done along the cheeks and sideburns. Jawline looks fine. Ditto Cactus Nation. Just a theory here, but perhaps we don't do as well at North Porky when we use Magnificent Goo because it's easier there than anywhere else to get a cut or Knick and we thus prefer to be safe than sorry. Any takers on this? Anyway, too much aftershave came out so I decided to cover the face AND neck with one splah. Again, I'll try to be better tomorrow. I didn't cup my hand as I've been doing in the past. Ergo Niagra Falls. I could have done better this morning, but I'll say Most Excellent, I feel&smell good.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  13. Trigger

Dec 2 SOTN

20211202_171412.jpg

1955 Gillette Redtip (A4)
    Rockwell DE Blade (?)
    Mr. EE Tuxedo Brush
    Stirling Christmas Eve SS and AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 31 hrs

For the entire month, I am still going to bore you guys with rotating my 3 seasonal soaps. This evening, Stirling Christmas Eve got the call. I have been using the foaming method that I learned from youtuber Doug Bear. It takes blooming the soap to another level because the scents become more pronounced as you use the bloom water as a preshave.
    I got a nice thin, hydrated and creamy lather for the shave. Also, I hit the bottom of the tub as a tiny doughnut hole has appeared.

The Gillette Redtip is not an aggressive razor by my standards, but it gave me a nice and efficient shave. I think using my VDH razor last month helped me achieve a better shave with the Redtip. 2 and 1/2 passes gave me a nice, smooth, and comfortable near BBS shave without any mishaps. The application of the alum on my face and neck areas proved my assertions. I splashed on the witch hazel and then the nice aftershave to end this fine shave. Tomorrow will be a no shave that will set me up for a straight shave this Saturday.. Have a nice evening.

SRQShaver and JACarbone like this.
  14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Tonight's shave....

20211202_180034.jpg
    Isle 12's favorite, Clubman.
    A Kampfe Bros 1901 Star razor.
    A good feeling afterwards.

All

Enjoy

tp

15. Trigger

Very nice shave and post Paul. Regardless of the razor, I just go straight down and sideways on the stache area. I sometimes do a touchup with the Fool's Pass, but I find that I will get a weep or slight irritation on the left side. It is weird that I do not get it on my right side. Anyway, the stache area is very sensitive so you need to be careful with the pressure and angle on the razor.

JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Thank you Terry, and it is. (nyuk yuk)

17. Trigger

You can't go wrong with that gorgeous razor and Clubman Classic Terry! That reminds me, I am out of Clubman Classic and need to get it.
    Also, do you use the GEM razors for your headshaves? If not, what is your favorite for headshaving? Surprisingly and most recently, my Fatboy surpassed my previous favorite headshaver and that was my G E Shakesharp.

JACarbone, Terry and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Paul Turner

I never want to be out of Clubman Classic A.S.

19. Paul Turner

I bet Stoylin Spice is in that rotation.

20. Trigger

I hear you Paul. However, I still have the Clubman Vegetal so that is why I have out been to quick on getting another bottle of the Clubman Classic.

JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.