December 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Thank you for steering me toward this post. I'm not immediately interested in trying the shavette I received for Christmas since I have so many other things to try at the moment but I will absolutely read through the thread before I attempt to use it. I am slightly apprehensive because my right hand is weak and shaky and I also have a good bit of neuropathy and reduced sensitivity so it may be something that's just beyond my capabilities. In any case, it will be a fun someday activity when I need a project.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I am glad you found it helpful Eric. There was plenty of info to absorb, but at least you have a good foundation to be a successful shavette shaver.

ewk and JACarbone like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

You are welcome Eric.
    Everyone has different issues and I understand. One of the TSD members has Parkinsons and cut himself badly 5 years ago and that is when he found out about it. Until recently, he was a regular poster on this thread. He was seeing other people using straights and he was kind of sad because he always wanted to do it but his doctor and his wife suggested that it was not a good idea. One day, he had an idea to put 3 lb ankle weights on his wrists to minimize his tremors. Fast forward, he was able to use that very first straight and now gets great shaves. In fact, he has more straight razors than I have. I share this because it might give you hope to be an open blade shaver. @jgreenepa Jeff is his name. Jeff I hope you see this comment. Please feel free to add anything else about your straight razor journey.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Looks good indeed..I may make a play for it.

stuartganis, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  5. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

SOTD December 31, 2021
    Pre-shave: Warm water
    Lather: Hendrix Classics & Co Havana Breeze
    Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
    Razor: Qshave Adjustable (3)
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue (new)
    Post-shave: Nivea Sensitive balm

SOTD_2021-12-31.jpg

All new shave today - razor, blade, soap, and brush. I even bowl lathered which I rarely do. Everything went very well except for the lather being a bit too thin. I had a fantastic, shiny lather and I took it one step too far adding water. The result was almost no residual slickness. Fortunately, the blade was sharp enough and the razor was efficient enough that I didn't need to go over areas or touch things up. I had a little post shave irritation which fortunately didn't last long. All in all, a DFS+ result.

It may not seem like it every shave but I do think I've made progress this month. If you recall, I started off having trouble with the Muhle Rocca, retreated to the comfort of SEs, and then ending having had a great DE shave. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and words of wisdom. Onward to 2022!

6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Sweet shave Eric. Happy New Year

Trigger and SRQShaver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.