Delta Echo

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Birdie, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

Has anyone used this company recently? I have looked at thier website and they have some cool stuff. i just do not see a price list for thier services.

wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  2. montieg

montieg Well-Known Member

I would also check out Northshore Razors. They seem to respond to messages quicker and have a better turn around time.

3. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

looking them up now.

4. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

It's been a couple of years since I have used DE, but his work is excellent.
    P3andBlueAngel.jpg
    These were the 2 Slims that I sent. He (Jay Mabe) used to have prices for <Name your razor here> Restore. But, I don't see them now. You can probably contact him via email for a quote.

These were done to commemorate my time in the US Navy. I served in a P3 squadron (left) and have always had a soft spot for the Blue Angels (right).

TestDepth, RyX and Hembree like this.
  5. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

I have seen your post with these two razors. These are what got me turned on into doing something differant instead of standard replate. I want to get one done up in CPO colors and one that has the look of the B5 paint of my Challenger.

RyX and Terry Williams like this.
  6. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome. I have sent razors to Northshore also. Scott at Northshore does excellent work, also. He doesn't like to stock a lot of colors, but he is easy to work with. I was going to send a WWII blackened Tech to him for a redo, but I have yet to do that.

RyX likes this.
  7. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

I have sent them an email. We will wait to see what he has to say. Love the razors by the way. Can't go wrong with the Blues.

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Highly recommend Delta Echo. My well-loved NEW LC received the spa treatment there. It's one of my favorite DE razors. The new finish wears like iron, and it cleans up easily.

Before:
    New LC Before.jpg

After:
    New LC After.jpg

9. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

That baby looks awesome in black!

wristwatchb likes this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Danny. The coating is Gun-Kote Bronze, but it looks black in the photos.

Terry Williams, RyX and Hembree like this.
  11. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

That did turn out nice. ill have to give them a shout too.

12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have three from Delta Echo. They are absolutely excellent.
    I recall emailing back and forth because pricing depends on what you want and whether or not you supply the razor or if they do.
    I had them do a Slim, a FatBoy, and an Aristocrat and recommend them.

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Frijolero, johnnyflake and CrustyCat like this.
  14. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Delta Echo does great work and offers more colors than other options, but the lead times are longer and communication is a bit lax. He actually mixed the colors up just for my razor. I sent him the official palette from Arizona State University as a reference and he matched it perfectly. I'd post a picture, but they're all too large for the site.

Frijolero and montieg like this.
  15. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

And the ideas keep rolling in.