Deodorant Choices

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by burnWood, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    My pleasure. :)

2. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

still dont see what he said. but thank you Moi.

3. Queen of Blades

:confused: Did you scroll down?

4. burnWood

oh, I read it. I meant the pic is still confusing to me.

5. Queen of Blades

Ahhh, can't help you with that.

Google it, to get a reference pic.

6. burnWood

Hey this is a deodorant thread lady.:love029

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

:signs108

8. burnWood

Giggity.

Round 2 will be posted on Tuesday.

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I'll just throw my two scents in real quick...(yes, pun intended)

I used the Right Guard Sport AP/D for years. I've always suffered the yellow and stiff pits on my t-shirts. I just lived with it. Not too long ago my pits started itching like crazy, out of the blue. Doctor gave me some topical cream for eczema. It worked, but I didn't want to go the rest of my life having to use this cream. (this is also what led me to these shaving forums, but that's a different story/thread...)

After nosing around these forums a little, I decided to pick up some Crystal Body Deodorant from Walgreens. I don't think I'll ever stop using it. It's been about a month now, and from DAY 1 it's been awesome. It doesn't have any scent itself, but it prevents any odor from me.

I was afraid I would sweat excessively not using an anti-perspirant. I don't, well, at least not from my pits. I am a sweater. :happy102 But you know what I mean. Even at work, coming out from a fire, soaked with sweat - no odor. The real test will be the summer, but I don't expect any trouble. In fact, I've had AP/D fail on me when this stuff hasn't (as of now) under similar circumstances. And it worked from the first time I used it, no 1 week to build up or anything - never heard that one before.

Shawn, do you moisten the deodorant before applying?

Ray, I would highly recommend checking it out.

10. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Yes, I moistened it and went on nice....Not going to give up on it though since so many folks have had success. I did just get some Avon AP rollon and it sucked. Sweated, gummy, took way too long to dry, straight to the garbage. Only a buck so no big deal. I really like my certain dri but would like to kick it being that it CAN burn like hell if I am not careful and overapply. But I will tell you.....you dont sweat.....at all!

11. bravefish

bravefish Member

This is the one that I use. Works great and it lasts a long time. My current one is going on it's second year.

Now, this is not an antiperspirant, so you will still sweat some. You just won't stink when you do.

12. burnWood

I went to the Crystal site and see they sell a Mens version of the rock. Unscented just like the other versions. Wonder what makes it for men.

13. Teaser

Teaser New Member

I've had a similar sensitivity problem for about a year. Can't use anything without breaking out in a rash. I'll look into the Crystal stuff, thanks!

14. Queen of Blades

The label.

:whacky011

15. burnWood

:happy096

16. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I'd have to agree with that. They didn't sell the "men's" at Walgreens, so I picked up the "women's." It was sort of between the men's and women's sections. If they're both just a rock.....

17. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I really have been impressed with SCS deodorant. Works very well for me.

18. dgkobs

dgkobs New Member

Crystal Stick salt rock

I use this daily with good results.

19. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I have been using the rock for a week now with great results. No smell. i got the one that is oval and twists up like a normal deodorant. $6 a Rite Aid and will last over a year. Goes on very easy.

20. burnWood

it works all day and night and a nice soft smell. if I didnt have that initial burn sensation with it, it would be my only deodorant.

so you just wet it, apply a couple rubs on the pit and go?