Deodorant Choices

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by burnWood, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Truckman

Truckman New Member

yup.

I'll plug my sink, get about 1/8" - 1/4" of warm water in the bottom, dip the top of the rock in, apply liberally. Dip, repeat for other pit. I do wait until I've mostly air dried before putting on a shirt though. Not completely dry, just mostly. Also, I found that putting the tip of the deodorant under the running water stream made a mess, hence the dip method. burnWo... oops, well, you know what I mean :D

2. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Hmmm. Well I just bought this thing a few days ago. I've put it under running water and applied. Didn't notice any mess. It's a rock. What kind of mess are you getting?

It seems to work great btw. Me likey.

3. Truckman

Truckman New Member

The water would run in between the rock and the plastic holder and get stuck. When I would pick it up, water would flick out. Plus it seemed to leave mineral deposits once the water dried up, and sometimes they would shake out. Since I've stopped putting it under running water, all that has stopped.

4. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

I like Sure Powder Fresh, Just this week switched to Old Spice , umm.. cant think of the fragrence but I like it and so do my women.

5. Stuggi

Stuggi Member

Get some normal antiperspirant, the aluminum sulfate you see as the active ingredient is what they make styptic pencils out of. If you want a milder version, check out the aluminum potassium sulfate ones, that's the same stuff they make alum blocks out of. The difference between rubbing an alum block under your arms vs. an antiperspirant is that you're applying a lot more with the block...

Personally I use Axe, always have, and probably always will. :D (And to avoid the same silly argument as on B&B, yes, it's called Axe in Finland, not Lynx, and yes, it has been sold here longer than in the US, the last 12 years at least.)

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Not tried the rock. However, I used to have the same problems with stained shirts. I used to have issues where after a month or two, a deodorant/AP just stopped working and the stains would get worse and the smell would start. So I constantly had to keep deodorant/AP in rotation. Then I tried Old Spice High Endurance.

I have been using Old Spice High Endurance for years and haven't had the stains, smells, burning, or any of the other issues.

7. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

listerine.

listerine is really the answer to everything.

8. Poulin

Poulin New Member

Alum for me. I can't stand having sticky slimy pits. Keep the pit hair trimmed short and alum does a fine job indeed.

9. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Member

Armani Acqua Di Gio Deodorant.

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just got Degree/Men, Artic.

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Many B&B members seem to think that everyone lives in the USA, and that "abroad" means Canada ;)

12. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

Anti-perspirants make me itch! Am Using Old Spice Deodorant Stick, for now! Nice scent!

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

There used to be a Sure for Men, but apparently that didn't last long. Nice Mallard photo.

14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I use the crystal alum when I get out of the shower, but since I shower at night most of the time, I will use Brut green deodorant in the morning. I like the Crystal but it doesn't seem to work all day if I am doing any type of physical labor, so I will use the Brut as a backup.

I like to switch things up so I have been looking for a new deodorant once the Brut is gone. A few on my radar are: Speick, Tabac, Ogallala, Irisch Moos.

15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

"Nivea for men" deo works well for me.

16. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Mennon speed stick. Been using since 1972. Works for me.