Derby Lavender Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by msandoval858, Apr 21, 2008.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Located here: http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5690

I'm curious to see what others think of this stuff. I know a lot of them went out a year or so ago when Derby ran that big promotion over at another forum, I just never got around to trying it until now.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never tried the Derby creams, although I had a chance to.

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I thought the Derby creams performed quite well, and at a very reasonable price.

The varieties, however, left me wondering:

Aside from the "regular" scent (which was a barbershop-type smell I enjoyed), the others were a little strange.........and the "menthol" variant had no cooling effect :confused:

4. Will

Will Nevermind

I was not a fan.

The lemon scent smelled like Pine Sol. :sick007

5. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Wow! Lemon Derby smells like CF Lime???

:happy102

6. lucky

lucky New Member

I got a free tube of Lavender with my Derby blade order. Its ok stuff, even if a bit synthetic smelling. That said, I tend to use it by putting a little snurdle on top of a puck of Mitchell's before I lather it. It tones down the synthetic smell a bit. Plus I just can't smell MWF, so its a win win.

7. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Derby makes descent shave cream. The scents... so so. I just took a whiff of the lemon, which I haven't used in quite awhile, and Will is right; it does smell like Pine Sol!

8. Luxlover

Luxlover Member

I have the Derby Lavender. I think it does a nice job, good moisturizing, nice lather, good slide, etc. Fragrance is a personal thing, but I do not find the mild Lavender smell very artifical. It is pleasant.

Steve (Luxlover)