Derby Lavender Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by msandoval858, Apr 21, 2008.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I've been curious about this one for awhile but never bothered since I mostly use soaps. Lately I've been in a mood of trying new stuff and thought I'd give this one a fair shot, especially given the price. Browsing Lee's Razors I saw these tubes at a mere $3.50 and thought I'd give it a go.

The cream itself is a nice light consistency and lathers up very easily. My Duke 3 made a nice pile of lather within seconds. I can imagine this stuff would work quite well with any brush you put to it. As for the scent, this is the part I didn't too much care for. It's very artificial, doesn't have the nice floral highlights you get from a good lavender. That being said, it's a $3.50 tube of cream, so I didn't expect to be blown away by the scent. It is fairly light scent that find non-offensive.

The shave: this is where this stuff performs. The lather is nice, moisturizing, and slick. Blade glides right through it with ease leaving no irritation behind. I can say for sure that the lifespan of the lather is good since I tested with the nice slow straight shave. Maybe this stuff isn't as luxurious as some of the high end creams, but when it comes to the blade on skin part, it certainly gets the job done! I now have a tube of Lemon scent coming to me on my next order :D

Bottom line: If you're looking for luxury and heavenly scents, stick to your 3 T's (or DR Harris). If you're looking for a low cost reliable cream that will get the job done, give this one a shot. At $3.50 you'll be hard pressed to find a better value.

2. ZethLent

ZethLent Member

Not my favorite but definately a okay to good cream.

I got one for free, but the price tag on these are very low.

Overall one thumb up from me.

:happy088

3. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Nice review, I've considered giving this a try. If I do, I'll have to add to these comments.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

OK as a cream but that is all, just OK and it smells horrid. All scents that is.