Design of a "Shave Den"

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by TraderJoe, Mar 24, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

This thread is about storage of your shaving "Accoutrements"

I might be moving soon, from an apartment to a condo. What this means is that I can now "customize" my space. Right now all my stuff mostly gets stored on big shelves in a closet. Not ideal at all, reaching for stuff in the back causes stuff to get knocked over.

The question is, if you could design your own shave den, how would you do it? If you have the perfect one, how did you do it?

Pics would be nice :D

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Well, talking about condos, we live in one with 2 bathrooms, and being that I have my own bathroom, my shaving stuff is literally all over the place. Although my bathroom is even a little bigger than my wife's, it's still necessary for me to keep a few things in our bedroom, like bottles of aftershave, cologne, edt, and even a couple of bottles of moisturizer, as well as 2 of my deodorants.

Jeff

3. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Hem hem...

You add an extension to your bathroom to hold your creams, soaps, brushes, razors, extendable wall mirrors, spotlights to get that "fully lit" look on your face, moss scuttles, small ceramic heater, strops, hones, two sinks (one for the brush, one for keeping the lather warm in case the scuttles or heater fail), and a laptop with a wireless card so you can immediately post the results of your morning shave to your wet shaving forum of choice.

I think this is the bare MINIMUM you need, Joe. :rofl

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Jeff, You are My Hero!

Post a Pic :drool

5. _JP_

_JP_ Searching for a Forum title

I think the biggest issue we seem to face (we being a bunch of geeks afflicted with AD and and all) is "Where do I put all my stuff?"

Lets face it, we are unique in that we collect shaving gear where those who shaved before us did not. So there isn't a model to work from.

At least part of the answer is shelving. They can be built onto the wall, or a free standing unit on the counter. It can be a corner shelf unit on the floor, or pull out baskets or shelving under the sink. It can even be an added vanity cabinet on the wall. Or all of the above used in combination because there's never enough storage space.

6. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

Joe
    Congratulations on the move!

One thing that you may want to do is customize your medicine cabinet in the bathroom.
    I built mine into the wall the thickness of the studding and added the same again for 6 inches deep inside the cabinet, The limits are as wide and as high as your room will allow I managed to put 3 doors in 24X40 each.There is a mirror on each door. The bad news is I only have one bay to myself!

Also don't forget good lighting and ventilation- Hi hats are a good clean choice and can be set as task lighting and separate switches and or dimmers are an option.

If you are doing a complete remodel why not add an instant hot for your scuttle and mug!

Good luck!

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

God luck on the move. Now is the time to weed out all the stuff you don't want. So, what are you going to give me? :D

Seriously though, I thought maybe vertical basket/utility shelves that slide out so you can look at stuff without digging in the back? Sorry, tough to describe.