Diffrences in Rockets?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by scottydoint, Oct 12, 2008.

1. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I have two flare tip rockets and one has II under the head and the other has S under the head. I have read that I,II,III are aggressiveness, but what is the S?

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I've seen a few before with the S underhead, but never another letter so I'd have to assume that it's not a date code. What it actually represents though I have no idea.

Good score! Damn maybe my Rocket collection isn't complete after all. :confused:

3. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

So... Chris, any interesting rockets recently? ;)

4. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Scotty is there any difference in the angle of attack between the 1, 2, 3, and S? Are the bars set any differently?

S= Soft
    S= Super (Aggressive)
    S = Sodd (off) - It is English.

I notice in the American Gillettes that the head curvatures are different in some than others.

5. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Soon, in a couple weeks Rodd, the suspense is killing me though!! :D

Oh I did get an HD for the French market that has no "made in" underhead. I wonder if it was made in France or possibly Germany like one of my Parat's also without an origin mark.

[​IMG]

6. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I've tried for awhile to decipher these marks and my best theory is that they are used to denote aggressiveness as Scottydoint says above.

For Rockets:
    The blue tips have a I.
    The flare tips, some HD's and some #58's have a II.
    The red tips have a III.

Some US made flare tip Super Speed's also use marks with the blue tips having a O and late model red tips showing a + on either side of the handle.

7. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I'm confused when you say that maybe your rocket collection isn't complete. You have seen them with an S before, but don't have one? The one with the S has no numbers, just an S where the II would be on the other one.

Have you ever seen one with an A under the head? someone told me they one with an A.

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

On another forum there was someone who had one of the S marked flare tips and wanted information about it. I told him it wasn't exactly common and he should hold onto it, but if he wanted to sell it I'd be happy to offer him $X amount. He instead immediately put it up on ebay and got $23.00 for it. Karma man, karma.

Nope I've not seen an A! sigh, sometimes this hobby seems overwhelming. :rolleyes:

9. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

The razors were used by spys to communicate during the war.

You need a decoder ring and...

I've said too much. :)

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Has anyone seen Single Wedge around? I haven't seen him since he made this post...

11. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

After I posted I did this:
    :scared003

Then I looked out my window and saw this:
    :transport024

Now I am here:
    :char039

Help :(

12. chimes13

chimes13 New Member

I have a flare tip with an A and nothing else...

13. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Just a flare tip and an A, what no head or handle?

:D

14. chimes13

chimes13 New Member

:happy102 I guess I set myself up for that....